My Favorite Thing: Youth Lagoon on Castaway
Trevor Powers on his Favorite Movie
Apr 22, 2013
My favorite movie of all time is Castaway. Tom Hanks is my all-time favorite actor. There's something about that movie that just takes me to a different place. I first saw it shortly after it came out. I think I actually saw it at a dollar theater in Boise. I remember when it came out. I was in Las Vegas. I was younger—obviously. When I came back to Boise I saw it at a cheap theater.
One of my best friends, it's his favorite movie too. We had never talked about it for a long time. When we talked about it, it was a very uniting moment. I think what I like about that movie the most is that all the pieces are planned out. The writing behind it and the way it was directed, everything has a reason. I guess I'm just attracted to things that have very high and very low points and emotion. That's probably why I related to it.
I probably own it on every form that you can own it. I bought it a long time ago on VHS, and then I got it on DVD, and then when I got a Blu-ray player I bought it on Blu-ray. I probably watch it every six months or something. It never gets old. I could watch it all the time, but I try to give myself a break. Most people that I tell it's my favorite movie say it's kinda boring. Most people are just kind of surprised. I don't care. It's my favorite movie.
- Z for Zachariah (Review) —
- What Went Down (Review) — Foals
- Premiere: Princess Century - “Sunscream” Video (News) —
- Check Out Photos From Day One of FYF Fest (News) — Alvvays, Bloc Party, Chet Faker, Dinosaur Jr., Goldroom, Mikal Cronin, Purity Ring, Savages, Tennis, The Drums
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Discusses Internet Misogyny on England’s Channel 4 News (News) — CHVRCHES