My Favorite Thing: Youth Lagoon on Castaway
Trevor Powers on his Favorite Movie
Apr 22, 2013
My favorite movie of all time is Castaway. Tom Hanks is my all-time favorite actor. There's something about that movie that just takes me to a different place. I first saw it shortly after it came out. I think I actually saw it at a dollar theater in Boise. I remember when it came out. I was in Las Vegas. I was younger—obviously. When I came back to Boise I saw it at a cheap theater.
One of my best friends, it's his favorite movie too. We had never talked about it for a long time. When we talked about it, it was a very uniting moment. I think what I like about that movie the most is that all the pieces are planned out. The writing behind it and the way it was directed, everything has a reason. I guess I'm just attracted to things that have very high and very low points and emotion. That's probably why I related to it.
I probably own it on every form that you can own it. I bought it a long time ago on VHS, and then I got it on DVD, and then when I got a Blu-ray player I bought it on Blu-ray. I probably watch it every six months or something. It never gets old. I could watch it all the time, but I try to give myself a break. Most people that I tell it's my favorite movie say it's kinda boring. Most people are just kind of surprised. I don't care. It's my favorite movie.
- Spiritualized Announce 20th Anniversary “Ladies and Gentlemen…” Show, Plan New Album for 2017 (News) — Spiritualized
- Listen: Oasis Share Previously Unreleased Demo Version of “Angel Child” (News) — Oasis
- Listen: La Sera - “Whole Lotta Love” (Led Zeppelin Cover) (News) — La Sera, Led Zeppelin
- Listen: Jagwar Ma - “Slipping” (News) — Jagwar Ma
- Virgin Suicide (Interview) — Virgin Suicide