Announcing the Under the Radar App - The New Interactive Digital Magazine
Listen. Watch. Read.
The Under the Radar App is available now from the iTunes store. It features a new and improved digital version of the magazine. For the new digital magazine format our print issues have been redesigned to be more reader- and user-friendly when viewed on tablets (such as iPads) and phones. Each new digital magazine includes embedded songs and videos in most articles and the digital version features extra interviews and photo galleries not found in the print version.
The app is a free download and comes with two complimentary digital issues (Issue 47, featuring MGMT on the cover, and Issue 48, featuring HAIM on the cover). The interactive version of our current issue (Issue 49, featuring Portlandia's Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein on the cover) is also available to purchase for just $2.99. Future digital issues will also cost $2.99 or you can take out a 1-year/5-issue subscription for only $9.99 (that's $20 cheaper than buying five print issues on the newsstand).
If you attend our SXSW parties in Austin, Texas next week we'll be giving out exclusive download codes for a free 1-year digital subscription.
The app version of Issue 49 includes three trapped-in-the-iPad video vignettes featuring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein shot exclusively for the new digital magazine at our cover photo shoot. It also features nine interviews not found in the print version (including bonus Q&As with St. Vincent, EMA, Fred Armisen, and Carrie Brownstein), along with 19 Artist Survey interviews not included in the print issue.
Under the Radar's print version will still be available nationwide.
Download the free Under the Radar App from the iTunes store here.
- 2013 Artist Survey: ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead (Interview) — …And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead, Artist Surveys 2013
- 2013 Artist Survey: World’s End Press (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2013, World’s End Press
- Announcing the Under the Radar App - The New Interactive Digital Magazine (News) —
- 2013 Artist Survey: The Spook School (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2013, The Spook School
- Listen: Tame Impala - “Backwards” (feat. Kendrick Lamar) (News) — Tame Impala