Band of Horses Team With Willie Nelson For 2012 Railroad Revival Tour
John C. Reilly Also Tagging Along
Last year Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, and Old Crowe Medicine Show toured via train from Oakland to New Orleans as part of the first annual Railroad Revival Tour, a venture that was captured on film by director Emmett Malloy for his documentary The Easy Express. This October, the tour has found willing, locomotive travelers in Band of Horses, Willie Nelson, Jamey Johnson, and John Reilly & Friends.
Taking place Oct. 20 through Oct. 28 across six U.S. cities starting in Duluth, GA and ending in Oakloand, CA, the tour will follow its established template of "spontaneous and unique collaborations onstage as well as on the train between stops." Band of Horses will undoubtedly be performing cuts off their forthcoming new record Mirage Rock, due out Sept. 18, with Nelson supporting his recently released solo album, Heroes.
You can view the full calendar schedule of the tour below. Early-bird tickets will go on sale July 27th at 10:00 AM CST.
Railroad Revival Tour 2012:
10/20 – Duluth, GA @ Southeastern Railway Museum
10/21 – TBA
10/22 – Memphis, TN @ Memphis Central Train Station
10/23 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Downtown Airpark
10/24 – Old Town Spring, TX
10/25 – Tempe, AZ @ Downtown
10/27 – San Pedro, CA @ Ports O’ Call
10/28 – Oakland, CA @ Middle Harbor Shoreline Park
- Brandon Flowers at Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA, July 30, 2015 (Review) — Brandon Flowers
- Read All Our “Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp” Interviews From This Week (News) — Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, Wet Hot American Summer
- Chad Valley Announces Sophomore Album, Shares First Single, “True” (News) — Chad Valley
- Vampire Weekend’s Chris Baio Shares “Endless Rhythm” Video (News) — Baio, Vampire Weekend
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist With Prince, Ought, Jamie Lidell, Wavves, and Small Black (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist