Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Sufjan Stevens, and Others Contribute Items to Charity Auction
Proceeds Will Go Toward Medical Costs for Infant With Heart Defect
Apr 04, 2012 Web Exclusive
A charity auction is currently under way, and several musicians have donated rare items and collectibles to be sold off. The money will go to help Asa Adams, a child born last December with a congenital heart defect. Asa has had three heart surgeries, and though his prognosis is good his parents are now faced with the inevitable cost of these life-saving procedures.
Asa's parents are Mike and Jessica Adams. Mike Adams is a musician in Bloomington, Indiana and Jessica is a social worker at Positive Link, an HIV/AIDS awareness non-profit, and currently working on her master's degree.
Some of the items being auctioned include Bon Iver test pressings and promotional material, Sufjan Steven's test pressings, an autographed Vampire Weekend CD bundle, an of Montreal cassette box set, and much more. The listed items and auction can be found here.
- Watch New “Trainspotting 2” Teaser Trailer Featuring the Return of the Original Cast (News) — Danny Boyle
- Watch: Frankie Cosmos - “Sinister” Video (News) — Frankie Cosmos
- Mass Gothic Announce New EP, Share New Song - “A Run” (News) — Mass Gothic, Zambri, Solvey, Here We Go Magic
- Watch: Okkervil River - “The Industry” Video (News) — Okkervil River
- Watch White Stripes-Soundtracked First Teaser Trailer For “Justice League” Movie From Comic-Con (News) — DC Comics, The White Stripes, Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill, Justice League, Ray Fisher