Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Sufjan Stevens, and Others Contribute Items to Charity Auction
Proceeds Will Go Toward Medical Costs for Infant With Heart Defect
Apr 04, 2012 Web Exclusive
A charity auction is currently under way, and several musicians have donated rare items and collectibles to be sold off. The money will go to help Asa Adams, a child born last December with a congenital heart defect. Asa has had three heart surgeries, and though his prognosis is good his parents are now faced with the inevitable cost of these life-saving procedures.
Asa's parents are Mike and Jessica Adams. Mike Adams is a musician in Bloomington, Indiana and Jessica is a social worker at Positive Link, an HIV/AIDS awareness non-profit, and currently working on her master's degree.
Some of the items being auctioned include Bon Iver test pressings and promotional material, Sufjan Steven's test pressings, an autographed Vampire Weekend CD bundle, an of Montreal cassette box set, and much more. The listed items and auction can be found here.
- Listen: Joanna Gruesome - “Honestly Do Yr Worst” (News) — Joanna Gruesome
- PINS Announce New Album, Watch Video for “Too Little Too Late” (News) — Pins
- An Honest Liar (Review) —
- Watch: Latest Action-Packed “Avengers: Age of Ultron” Trailer (News) — Marvel
- Watch: New Trailer for Season 6 of “Community” Parodies “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (News) —