Britt Daniel’s Third Band Split Single Announces Debut LP
Fragmented World Out April 1
In 2012 Spoon frontman Britt Daniel revealed that in addition to his side-project Divine Fits, he was putting together a third musical project, playing bass and backup vocals alongside Jon Wurster (Superchunk/Mountain Goats), and Jason Narducy (Telekinesis/Guided By Voices). Today the trio has officially introduced themselves as Split Single, and will release their debut album Fragmented World on April 1. "I'm always wearing so many hats, so I loved the idea of being in a band where all I do is play bass on someone else’s stuff," says Daniel in a press release. "I felt like a session musician, which was so cool. Still, I got pretty in depth: there were no preconceptions, which is what collaboration is all about."
Scroll down below to view the LP's tracklist, as well as trailer for the album. While a tour has yet to be scheduled Split Single will perform at SXSW, as well as play a record release show at Schubas in Chicago on April 5.
Waiting for the Sun
Made For Breaking
Love Is You
Never Look Back
My Heart Is Your Shadow
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf