Charli XCX Postpones U.S. Tour Dates
Opening for Paramore in the UK
Announcing plans for an extensive headlining tour through the U.S. earlier this summer, UK artist Charli XCX, a.k.a. Charlotte Aitchison, has backtracked to say she won't be coming stateside as soon as fans would have hoped. Aitchison apparently has chosen to postpone the tour in order to assume an opening slot alongside pop-punk outfit Paramore in the UK. Taking to Twitter, Aitchison writes:
"I'm really upset and sad to say that I have had to postpone my US tour for a month or so. I'm sorry to let people down like this & change the dates last minute, I was so looking excited for this tour & had special things planned. The honest reason it's been moved is bcoz I got offered 2 support paramore in the UK @ the end of September. Which is super scary&exciting. It's an amazing opportunity for me as I've never really toured in the UK and its something that people around me would not let me turn down. It's something I had to do, & even though it will no doubt be amazing I'm so devastated that I'm having to reschedule dates and upset u guys. I always feel this crazy love & acceptance when I play in the USA & everyone out here is so cool and nice. I just hope u guys aren't too mad. The dates are being rescheduled as I speak & the tour will be moved to October/November. I hope u guys will still come if u can make it xx"
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- Premiere: einarindra mixtape (MENT Edition) (News) — einarindra, MENT 2017, mixtapes
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta