CMJ Music Marathon 2010 Announces Initial Artist Line-Up
School of Seven Bells, The Drums, Four Tet, Dean & Britta, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Surfer Blood, and more to Play
The CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival has announced its initial artist lineup for 2010, which goes down in NYC October 19-23. Acts announced include: DeVotchKa, Surfer Blood, Two Door Cinema Club, School of Seven Bells, Bad Books (featuring Kevin Devine and Manchester Orchestra), Four Tet, The Drums, Ghostface Killah, Greg Dulli, Helmet, Lissie, Foreign Exchange, Katzenjammer, Kristen Schall & Friends, Dean & Britta, Bayside, Senses Fail, Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, Salem, The Blow, Small Black, Big Freedia, Dominique Young Unique, Angus & Julia Stone, Frankie and the Heartstrings, Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr, and Langhorne Slim. Hundreds of additional acts plan to be announced in the coming weeks.
This year marks the launch of the first ever CMJ Play, and intensive music and gaming seminar that will be held on October 20th. Along with CMJ Play, CMJ Music Marathon and SonicScoop have teamed up to present a two-part program called Studio Time, which focuses on music production mastery.
Over five days and nights, CMJ will feature more than 1200 live performances from over 30 countries in more than 75 of New York City's venues and theatres. In addition to hundreds of showcase performances, films, and over 70 informative panels, CMJ 2010 will host College Day, featuring live music performances, meet and greets, seminars, mentoring sessions, networking events, comedy showcases, Q&A's, and more.
For More information on additional acts and how you can register, check out www.cmj.com/marathon
- The Thermals Release “Sword By My Side” Video Game (News) — The Thermals
- Black Lips Announce New Album “Underneath the Rainbow” (News) — The Black Lips
- The xx Will Play 25 Very Intimate Shows in New York this March (News) — The xx
- Listen: Flaming Lips – “Sad and Beautiful World (Sparklehorse Cover)” (News) — The Flaming Lips, Sparklehorse
- Jens Lekman Auctions Off a Personalized Song For Charity (News) — Jens Lekman