Conor Oberst Auditioned for Inside Llewyn Davis
“Thank god for everyone that I didn't get it.”
Inside Llewyn Davis could have been a much different film. As reveled in an Interview Magazine article where Conor Oberst interviews actor Oscar Isaac, the Bright Eyes musician was among those who auditioned for the role. (Oberst’s take on his silver screen near-miss? “Thank god for everyone that I didn't get it.”) Also among those who were eying the role? The Avett Brothers’ Scott Avett, who reveled his unsuccessful interview to Rolling Stone. Oh, to think of what could have been! While you’re doing that, revisit a clip from the movie below to remind yourself of what actually was.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf