Dawes Announce New Album
Stories Don't End Out April 9
Los Angeles folk foursome Dawes have announced the arrival of their third full-length album, Stories Don't End. Recorded across five week in Ashville, NC the new effort takes its name from a line in author Joan Didion's 1984 novel Democracy.
In an interview with Rolling Stone frontman Taylor Goldsmith says "I feel like a big part of our existence is, 'Dawes is this cool band that takes us back to the Seventies,' which is never something we wanted at all. Obviously we have our influences, and I know that some of what we do as a band is of another time, even simple aspects like guitar solos. So I get it, I'm not mad at it, but at the same time, we just wanted to make sure people saw us as a modern band as well. With this album, thanks to what [producer] Jacquire [King] is really good at, we're able to stay a rock & roll band and maintain classic qualities, but at the same time, it makes sense that this record is coming out in 2013."
With tour dates currently being set for this coming spring and summer, more details of the album are expected to be shared in the coming months.
- Under the Radar’s Black Friday Sale - 35% Off Subscriptions and 50% Off Back Issues (News) —
- Le Guess Who 2015 Day Three: Destroyer, Suuns and Jerusalem in My Heart and More (Review) — Le Guess Who? 2015: Day Three, Le Guess Who? 2015, Naive Set, Silver Ferns, Destroyer, Jerusalem In My Heart, SUNS, Bo Ningen
- Under the Radar’s Holiday Gift Guide 2015 Part 1: Graphic Novels and Books (News) —
- Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 (Review) — DC Comics
- Watch First Interview with Eagles of Death Metal Following Paris Terror Attacks (News) — Eagles of Death Metal