Dawes Announce New Album
Stories Don't End Out April 9
Los Angeles folk foursome Dawes have announced the arrival of their third full-length album, Stories Don't End. Recorded across five week in Ashville, NC the new effort takes its name from a line in author Joan Didion's 1984 novel Democracy.
In an interview with Rolling Stone frontman Taylor Goldsmith says "I feel like a big part of our existence is, 'Dawes is this cool band that takes us back to the Seventies,' which is never something we wanted at all. Obviously we have our influences, and I know that some of what we do as a band is of another time, even simple aspects like guitar solos. So I get it, I'm not mad at it, but at the same time, we just wanted to make sure people saw us as a modern band as well. With this album, thanks to what [producer] Jacquire [King] is really good at, we're able to stay a rock & roll band and maintain classic qualities, but at the same time, it makes sense that this record is coming out in 2013."
With tour dates currently being set for this coming spring and summer, more details of the album are expected to be shared in the coming months.
- 2013 Artist Survey: Ola Podrida (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2013, Ola Podrida
- 2013 Artist Survey: ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead (Interview) — …And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead, Artist Surveys 2013
- 2013 Artist Survey: World’s End Press (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2013, World’s End Press
- Announcing the Under the Radar App - The New Interactive Digital Magazine (News) —
- 2013 Artist Survey: The Spook School (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2013, The Spook School