Demand Vinyl Singles Club to Feature Hot Chip, Saint Etienne, Laetitia Sadier, and more
Niki & The Dove, Moons, Memory Tapes, and others to Contribute to Vinyl Only Record Label
On January 1st 2013, new U.K. based vinyl only label Demand Vinyl will launch. The label is starting off with a subscriptions singles club, which will consist of a total of ten 7-inch singles featuring exclusive tracks by such artists as Memory Tapes, Hot Chip, Air France, Saint Etienne, Latitia Sadier, Niki & The Dove, Levek, and Moons, among others.
Each single will include a track by an established artist as well as a song from a newer act. One of the new acts will be chosen via a competition. The songs will either be new originals, covers, or one off collaborations. These singles will be accompanied with a subscriber-exclusive explanation from the artist about the motivations behind, and creation of, each song. Some will include a mixtape, video, or podcast from the artist, and some of the sets will also come with a surprise gift. The first four singles will be mailed out at the same time and the rest will be sent out once a month for six months.
Only 500 copies will be made, they will not be reproduced, and the cost is 55 pounds. For more info visit the Demand Vinyl website.
- R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (News) — Leonard Nimoy
- Watch: Dutch Uncles - “Decided Knowledge” Video (News) — Dutch Uncles
- This Week in Geek: Blade Runner 2, Alien 5, and Arrow/Flash Spin-Off (News) — DC Comics
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, With Built to Spill, Death Cab for Cutie & Will Butler (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Premiere: Broken Twin – “Glimpse of Time (Live)” Video (News) — Broken Twin