Demand Vinyl Singles Club to Feature Hot Chip, Saint Etienne, Laetitia Sadier, and more
Niki & The Dove, Moons, Memory Tapes, and others to Contribute to Vinyl Only Record Label
On January 1st 2013, new U.K. based vinyl only label Demand Vinyl will launch. The label is starting off with a subscriptions singles club, which will consist of a total of ten 7-inch singles featuring exclusive tracks by such artists as Memory Tapes, Hot Chip, Air France, Saint Etienne, Latitia Sadier, Niki & The Dove, Levek, and Moons, among others.
Each single will include a track by an established artist as well as a song from a newer act. One of the new acts will be chosen via a competition. The songs will either be new originals, covers, or one off collaborations. These singles will be accompanied with a subscriber-exclusive explanation from the artist about the motivations behind, and creation of, each song. Some will include a mixtape, video, or podcast from the artist, and some of the sets will also come with a surprise gift. The first four singles will be mailed out at the same time and the rest will be sent out once a month for six months.
Only 500 copies will be made, they will not be reproduced, and the cost is 55 pounds. For more info visit the Demand Vinyl website.
- Listen: James Blake - “Modern Soul” (News) — James Blake
- Pulp’s Jarvis Cocker to Score “Likely Stories” TV Series Based on Neil Gaiman Short Stories (News) — Jarvis Cocker, Neil Gaiman
- Justin Vernon Is Working on New Bon Iver Music, Announces Eaux Claires Festival Line-up (News) — Bon Iver, Beach House, James Blake, The National, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Jenny Lewis, Vince Staples, Jon Hopkins, My Brightest Diamond, Phosphorescent
- 2015 Artist Survey: Natalie Prass (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Natalie Prass
- Watch: Black Mountain - “Mothers of the Sun” Video (News) — Black Mountain