Demand Vinyl Singles Club to Feature Hot Chip, Saint Etienne, Laetitia Sadier, and more
Niki & The Dove, Moons, Memory Tapes, and others to Contribute to Vinyl Only Record Label
On January 1st 2013, new U.K. based vinyl only label Demand Vinyl will launch. The label is starting off with a subscriptions singles club, which will consist of a total of ten 7-inch singles featuring exclusive tracks by such artists as Memory Tapes, Hot Chip, Air France, Saint Etienne, Latitia Sadier, Niki & The Dove, Levek, and Moons, among others.
Each single will include a track by an established artist as well as a song from a newer act. One of the new acts will be chosen via a competition. The songs will either be new originals, covers, or one off collaborations. These singles will be accompanied with a subscriber-exclusive explanation from the artist about the motivations behind, and creation of, each song. Some will include a mixtape, video, or podcast from the artist, and some of the sets will also come with a surprise gift. The first four singles will be mailed out at the same time and the rest will be sent out once a month for six months.
Only 500 copies will be made, they will not be reproduced, and the cost is 55 pounds. For more info visit the Demand Vinyl website.
- Watch Tame Impala Perform “The Less I Know the Better” on “The Late Show with Colbert” (News) — Stephen Colbert, Tame Impala
- Father John Misty Comments on His Taylor Swift/Ryan Adams Covers in New Interview (News) — Father John Misty, Ryan Adams, Taylor Swift
- Stream the New Album by Small Black, “Best Blues,” in Full (News) — Small Black
- Stream the New Solo Album by Chris Walla (ex-Death Cab for Cutie), “Tape Loops,” in Full (News) — Chris Walla
- Garbage - Shirley Manson on the 20th Anniversary of Their Debut Album (Interview) — Garbage