Depeche Mode Cancels Shows – Dave Gahan Recuperating From Stomach Flu
Was it swine flu? Wrong!
After Cornelius cancelled several dates with Deerhoof because of the swine (H1N1) flu, it was Depeche Mode's turn to get down with the sickness. Yesterday several websites posted the alarming news that Depeche Mode singer Dave Gahan had to be rushed to the hospital in Athens, but it was not clear why. The synthpop trio had to cancel their date in Athens last night and in Istanbul tomorrow night. A statement released today revealved that the cause stemmed from Gahan's "severe bout of gastroenteritis," commonly known as stomach flu. The trio will soon announce when they will pick up their Sounds of the Universe tour and whether they intend to reschedule the axed dates. According to a press release, "At this stage, Dave's primary concern is to return to full health and resume the tour as soon as possible." (www.depechemode.com)
- Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister Announce Album, Share Video (News) — Bryce Dessner, James McAlister, Nico Muhly, Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister, Sufjan Stevens
- Whitney Announce 12-Inch, Share Covers of Songs by Dolly Parton and Lion (News) — Whitney, Dolly Parton, Lion
- Multiple Maniacs (Review) — John Waters
- Premiere: The Proper Ornaments Cover The Jesus and Mary Chain’s “Deep One Perfect Morning” (News) — The Proper Ornaments
- Phoenix Announce World Tour, The Lemon Twigs and Whitney to Support Select Dates (News) — Phoenix, Whitney, The Lemon Twigs