Depeche Mode Cancels Shows – Dave Gahan Recuperating From Stomach Flu
Was it swine flu? Wrong!
After Cornelius cancelled several dates with Deerhoof because of the swine (H1N1) flu, it was Depeche Mode's turn to get down with the sickness. Yesterday several websites posted the alarming news that Depeche Mode singer Dave Gahan had to be rushed to the hospital in Athens, but it was not clear why. The synthpop trio had to cancel their date in Athens last night and in Istanbul tomorrow night. A statement released today revealved that the cause stemmed from Gahan's "severe bout of gastroenteritis," commonly known as stomach flu. The trio will soon announce when they will pick up their Sounds of the Universe tour and whether they intend to reschedule the axed dates. According to a press release, "At this stage, Dave's primary concern is to return to full health and resume the tour as soon as possible." (www.depechemode.com)
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf