Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore Announces Instrumental Solo Album
MG Out April 28
Musical artist Martin Gore, founding member of Depeche Mode, has announced the release of MG, a brand new collection of electronic instrumentals. Due out April 28, the LP came to fruition following the final dates of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine tour in March 2013 at Gore's home studio in Santa Barbara.
"I wanted to keep the music very electronic, very filmic and give it an almost sci-fi like quality," Martin explains in a press release. "Music is a necessity for me. I go into the studio at least 5 days a week, every week, so once I had the idea and the template, the process was quick and fun." Gore goes on to add, "As a songwriter, I am aware of the power of words," Martin admits. "Especially when they are juxtaposed in the right way with chords and melody. I am also aware of the power of pure music and the emotions that can be created by musical atmospheres and that is what I wanted to capture with this project."
Scroll down below to view the record's 16-song tracklist.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf