Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore Announces Instrumental Solo Album
MG Out April 28
Musical artist Martin Gore, founding member of Depeche Mode, has announced the release of MG, a brand new collection of electronic instrumentals. Due out April 28, the LP came to fruition following the final dates of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine tour in March 2013 at Gore's home studio in Santa Barbara.
"I wanted to keep the music very electronic, very filmic and give it an almost sci-fi like quality," Martin explains in a press release. "Music is a necessity for me. I go into the studio at least 5 days a week, every week, so once I had the idea and the template, the process was quick and fun." Gore goes on to add, "As a songwriter, I am aware of the power of words," Martin admits. "Especially when they are juxtaposed in the right way with chords and melody. I am also aware of the power of pure music and the emotions that can be created by musical atmospheres and that is what I wanted to capture with this project."
Scroll down below to view the record's 16-song tracklist.
- Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister Announce Album, Share Video (News) — Bryce Dessner, James McAlister, Nico Muhly, Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, and James McAlister, Sufjan Stevens
- Whitney Announce 12-Inch, Share Covers of Songs by Dolly Parton and Lion (News) — Whitney, Dolly Parton, Lion
- Multiple Maniacs (Review) — John Waters
- Premiere: The Proper Ornaments Cover The Jesus and Mary Chain’s “Deep One Perfect Morning” (News) — The Proper Ornaments
- Phoenix Announce World Tour, The Lemon Twigs and Whitney to Support Select Dates (News) — Phoenix, Whitney, The Lemon Twigs