Elbow Commissioned To Soundtrack 2012 Olympics
Composing Original Theme Song For Games
Early today the BBC announced that British indie rockers Elbow have been selected to write and record an original piece of music that will be used across the organization's media coverage of the upcoming 2012 Olympic games. Clearly still riding high on the success of their 2008 Mercury Prize-winning album The Seldom Seen Kid and their acclaimed follow-up Build a Rocket Boys! lead singer Guy Garvey issued a statement, saying, "We are knocked out to be involved and it's been quite a challenge. We have feelings of real responsibility as we will be the soundtrack to so many images of personal sacrifice and endeavour while the nation roots for and celebrates with Team GB.” The 2012 Olympic games are scheduled to take place in London next year starting July 27.
- Listen: Alvvays - “Underneath Us” (News) — Alvvays
- Anna of the North, Samaris, and More to Play by:Larm 2015 (News) — Anna of the North, By:Larm 2015, Karl William, Long-Sam, Samaris, Sabina Ddumba
- Charli XCX Pushes Back Release of “Sucker” (News) — Charli XCX
- Watch: The Antlers - “Refuge” Video (News) — The Antlers
- Watch: Ariel Pink - “Put Your Number In My Phone” Video (News) — Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti