Elbow Commissioned To Soundtrack 2012 Olympics
Composing Original Theme Song For Games
Early today the BBC announced that British indie rockers Elbow have been selected to write and record an original piece of music that will be used across the organization's media coverage of the upcoming 2012 Olympic games. Clearly still riding high on the success of their 2008 Mercury Prize-winning album The Seldom Seen Kid and their acclaimed follow-up Build a Rocket Boys! lead singer Guy Garvey issued a statement, saying, "We are knocked out to be involved and it's been quite a challenge. We have feelings of real responsibility as we will be the soundtrack to so many images of personal sacrifice and endeavour while the nation roots for and celebrates with Team GB.” The 2012 Olympic games are scheduled to take place in London next year starting July 27.
- Garbage Announce 20th Anniversary Reissue of Debut Album, Share Previously Unreleased Track (News) — Garbage
- Wonder Woman Issues #41-43 (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: Battles - “FF Bada” (News) — Battles
- Soundtrack to Elliott Smith Documentary “Heaven Adores You” to Feature Unreleased Smith Songs (News) — Elliott Smith
- Real Estate’s Martin Courtney Announces Solo Album, Shares “Northern Highway” Video (News) — Martin Courtney, Real Estate