Eleanor Friedberger – Under the Radar’s CMJ Party Spotlight
Under the Radar's CMJ Party is October 19 at Public Assembly in Brooklyn
On October 19 Under the Radar will host a free CMJ day party sponsored by PRS Guitars. Leading up to the event we're letting you know about each artist playing. Today we're spotlighting Eleanor Friedberger.
In a previous post we gave you the basic party details of the party: The party happens from 12:30-5:40 at Public Assembly (70 North 6th Street) and is free and open to the public (21+), no badges or RSVP required. The event features performances from Eleanor Friedberger, Still Corners, The Stepkids, Casiokids, and Chad Valley. Come early, Keds is giving away 10 pairs of shoes, and PRS Guitars is giving away a custom Under the Radar logo guitar and Sweet 16 amp. MotormouthMedia is also a sponsor.
Best known as a part of The Fiery Furnaces, Eleanor Friedberger temporarily stepped away from her day job to write and record her solo album, Last Summer—a sweet take on 1970s pop. Strewn with references to her adopted hometown New York, her solo work is an inviting and carefree ride.My Mistakes
- This Is All Yours (Review) — alt-J
- Guided By Voices Call it Quits (News) — Guided by Voices
- Watch: Spoon Pay Tribute To Jay Reatard in Milwaukee (News) — Jay Reatard, Spoon
- Watch: The Raveonettes – “Killer in the Streets” Video (News) — The Raveonettes
- Listen: Johnny Marr – “The Trap” (News) — Johnny Marr