Flying Lotus Rewards Fans for Buying His Music
New App Unlocks Bonus Material
Now here’s a cool reason to actually buy music (novel ideal, we know). Innovative knob-twiddler Flying Lotus is utilizing an application called Trigger to give away music. It works like this—give the app proof you purchased the album via a web cam shot of your CD, vinyl, or iTunes PDF file, and it gives you an exclusive download of alternative Cosmogramma tracks and outtakes. And voila! Capitalism triumphs again. Remember kids: musicians need to eat too. Check out the handy demonstration below:
Update: as noted on our Facebook page by astute reader, David Brackeen: "In the download they give you, there's a PDF. Print it out, and scan all three images in order. Boom, you get another track!"
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band