Frank Ocean, Mumford & Sons, and The Black Keys Take Home Grammys
Watch Performances by Ocean, Jack White, Mumford & Sons, and The Black Keys
Yesterday the strange annual pageantry of the Grammys took place, offering its usual mix of unnecessary self-congratulation and worthwhile artistic recognition. Last night Mumford & Sons took home the big prize winning Album of the Year, beating out fellow contenders fun., The Black Keys, Frank Ocean, and Jack White. Ocean didn't go home completely empty-handed however, winning Best Urban Contemporary Album for channel ORANGE and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. The Black Keys also took home a few trophies of their own, with El Camino winning Best Rock Album "Lonely Boy" winning Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song. Dan Auerbach even won Producer of the Year.
In what seemed like the night's biggest unjustice, Gotye wound up winning Best Alternative Album, beating Tom Waits, Björk, Fiona Apple, and M83.
You can find the full list of winners here, and down below some of the night's more notable performances.
Frank Ocean: "Forrest Gump"
Jack White: "Love Interruption" and "Freedom at 21"
The Black Keys with Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band: "Lonely Boy"
Mumford & Sons: "I Will Wait"
- Watch Cool New Animated Trailer for “The X-Files” Miniseries (News) — David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, The X-Files
- Listen: My Morning Jacket - “Compound Fracture (Giorgio Moroder & Roman Luth Remix) (News) — Giorgio Moroder, My Morning Jacket
- Deerhunter Shares Video for “Living My Life,” Directed by Bradford Cox (News) — Deerhunter
- EMA Responds to Mass Shooting Epidemic with “Active Shooter” Song and Video (News) — EMA
- Premiere: Heaters - “Kamikaze” Video (News) — Heaters