Frank Ocean, The Black Keys, Jack White, Score 2013 Grammy Nominations
Ocean Up for Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist
On Feb. 10 the 55th Annual Grammy Awards will take place in Los Angeles. Last night the nominees were announced with breakthrough R&B artist Frank Ocean contending for six trophies including Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist.
The Black Keys also scored big with six nominations including Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song, Best Rock Album, and Producer of the Year for Dan Auerbach. Competing against Ocean's channelOrange and The Black Keys El Camino for Album of the Year will be Jack White's Blunderbuss, Mumford and Sons' Babel, and fun.'s Some Nights.
Other notable categories include the nominees for Best Rock Album (Jack White’s Blunderbuss, The Black Keys’ El Camino, Bruce Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball, Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto, and Muse’s The 2nd Law), Best Alternaive Music Album (Björk’s Biophilia, Fiona Apple’s The Idler Wheel…, Tom Waits’ Bad As Me, and M83′s Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming), and Best Rock Song (The Black Keys’ "Lonely Boy," Jack White’s "Freedom At 21," Mumford and Sons’ "I Will Wait," Bruce Springsteen’s "We Take Care Of Our Own," and Muse’s "Madness")
Click here to check out the full list of nominees.
- Watch: Bat For Lashes - “Sunday Love” Video (News) — Bat For Lashes
- Fall Forever (Review) — Fear of Men
- Listen: Swans - “When Will I Return” (News) — Swans
- Four Tet Shares New Song with Impossibly Long Title in Honor of SoundCloud Milestone (News) — Four Tet
- Feist Covers The Tragically Hip’s “Flamenco” in Honor of Terminally Ill Frontman Gord Downie (News) — Feist, Gord Downie, Broken Social Scene, Kevin Drew, The Tragically Hip