Guided By Voices Announces Yet Another Album For 2012
Bears for Lunch Would Be Third Release This Year
Guided by Voices has already been super busy in the studio this year. Their next record, Class Clown Spots a UFO has had its release date pushed back to June 12 due to the success of their previous record, Let's Go Eat the Factory, which was released in January. According to Exclaim, the band will release a third album this year.
Not much info has been released yet, but we do know that it will be titled Bears for Lunch. But before that, they have two 7-inches scheduled for release leading up to Class Clown Spots a UFO. The first features the album track, "Jon the Croc," and will be available on Record Store Day, April 21. Then there will be one more vinyl single released on May 15 before the albums official release a month later.
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band