HEALTH’s Soundtrack to “Max Payne 3” Out May 23
Single "Tears" Out May 15
This month Rockstar will release the third installment of the noire-influenced, bullet-time utilizing Max Payne series. Responsible for the video game's original soundtrack is none other than L.A. noise rock outfit HEALTH. Shortly after the game's console launch on May 15, it's been announced that the OST will be available via digital download on May 23. In a press statement John Famiglietti of HEALTH says "Working on the soundtrack to Max Payne 3 was a great experience. Rockstar gave us the freedom to bring our own sound to Max’s dark story, and we’re really proud of the results."
Ivan Pavlovich, Rockstar soundtrack supervisor adds, "By using a band instead of a traditional composer, we’ve created a soundtrack that sounds completely unique. HEALTH have created hundreds of hours of amazing music for the game’s score, and distilled it into a devastatingly moody and atmospheric soundtrack album."
You can get a taste of what HEALTH has in store for gamers with their track "Tears," which was recently featured in a commercial for the third-person shooter. Click below to watch and listen.
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Continues to Confront Online Misogyny With Instagram Post (News) — CHVRCHES
- This Week In Geek: Possible Candidates to Play Spider-Man + “Daredevil,” “Jurassic World” (News) —
- Watch: Hans-Peter Lindstrǿm and Grace Hall - “Home Tonight” Video (News) — Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Grace Hall, Emil Nikolaisen, Todd Rundgren
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Forms New Solo Project Called The Arcs (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Black Keys, The Arcs
- The End: Hamilton Leithauser on Endings and Death (Interview) — Hamilton Leithauser, The Walkmen