Hear an Unreleased Elliott Smith Song
Part of a Homeless Benefit Compilation
Homeless benefit album Live From Nowhere Near You (due out July 19 from Greyday) features an unreleased track from late LA-Troubadour, Elliott Smith.
According to a letter from compilation curator Kevin Moyer—who went to high school with Smith—“As we sat there listening to various unreleased songs and alternate versions for inclusion consideration, there was one that Larry had found that was a surprise to everyone, and it really jumped out at me... a mystery track with no labeling or notes associated that was found just sitting there between two other known songs on a DAT tape. Neither Larry nor Elliott's family nor I had ever heard this song before finding it, and to our knowledge no one knew that this song even existed...frequent collaborators like Neil Gust and Sam Coomes had no idea what it was either, it was never played live, and even his rabid fan base had no idea!”
Head over to Pitchfork to read the full letter and take a listen to the track.
- Savages (Interview) — Savages
- Goldfrapp Share Remixes of “Anymore” by Danny Dove and Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard (News) — Joe Goddard, Hot Chip, Goldfrapp, Danny Dove
- 2016 Artist Survey: Jenn Wasner of Wye Oak and Flock of Dimes (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Flock of Dimes, Wye Oak
- Watch Arca Sing in a Room of Corpses in the Haunting Video for New Song “Anoche” (News) — Arca
- Watch Ryan Adams Perform “Do You Still Love Me?” on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (News) — James Corden, Ryan Adams