Hear an Unreleased Elliott Smith Song
Part of a Homeless Benefit Compilation
Homeless benefit album Live From Nowhere Near You (due out July 19 from Greyday) features an unreleased track from late LA-Troubadour, Elliott Smith.
According to a letter from compilation curator Kevin Moyer—who went to high school with Smith—“As we sat there listening to various unreleased songs and alternate versions for inclusion consideration, there was one that Larry had found that was a surprise to everyone, and it really jumped out at me... a mystery track with no labeling or notes associated that was found just sitting there between two other known songs on a DAT tape. Neither Larry nor Elliott's family nor I had ever heard this song before finding it, and to our knowledge no one knew that this song even existed...frequent collaborators like Neil Gust and Sam Coomes had no idea what it was either, it was never played live, and even his rabid fan base had no idea!”
Head over to Pitchfork to read the full letter and take a listen to the track.
- Premiere: Watoo Watoo – “Tes Histoires Invisibles” (News) — Watoo Watoo
- by:Larm Day Three: First Aid Kit, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Ice Cream Cathedral, and Kate Boy (Review) — by:Larm 2014, by:Larm 2014 Day Three, First Aid Kit, Ice Cream Cathedral, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Kate Boy
- Watch: Dum Dum Girls – “Are You Okay?” Video/Short Film Written by Bret Easton Ellis (News) — Dum Dum Girls
- Watch: Julian Casablancas New Album Teaser Video (News) — Julian Casablancas
- by:Larm Day Two: Sea Change, Tove Lo, Shine 2009, Young Dreams, and Hanne Kolstø (Review) — by:Larm 2014, by:Larm 2014 Day Two, Hanne Kolstø, Sea Change, Shine 2009, Young Dreams