Hear an Unreleased Elliott Smith Song
Part of a Homeless Benefit Compilation
Homeless benefit album Live From Nowhere Near You (due out July 19 from Greyday) features an unreleased track from late LA-Troubadour, Elliott Smith.
According to a letter from compilation curator Kevin Moyer—who went to high school with Smith—“As we sat there listening to various unreleased songs and alternate versions for inclusion consideration, there was one that Larry had found that was a surprise to everyone, and it really jumped out at me... a mystery track with no labeling or notes associated that was found just sitting there between two other known songs on a DAT tape. Neither Larry nor Elliott's family nor I had ever heard this song before finding it, and to our knowledge no one knew that this song even existed...frequent collaborators like Neil Gust and Sam Coomes had no idea what it was either, it was never played live, and even his rabid fan base had no idea!”
Head over to Pitchfork to read the full letter and take a listen to the track.
- Weezer Share NASA Commissioned New Song “I Love the USA” (News) — Weezer
- Watch: Boxed In - “Jist” Video (News) — Boxed In
- Watch Rihanna on an Alien Planet in the Video for “Star Trek Beyond” Single “Sledgehammer” (News) — Rihanna, Star Trek
- Ani Glass on Her New Single - “Y Ddawns” (Interview) — Ani Glass, The Pipettes
- Autodrama (Review) — Puro Instinct