Jack White Takes Home First Number One Album
Blunderbuss Tops Billboard 200
Selling roughly 138,00 copies of his solo album Blunderbuss in its first week, Jack White achieved his first number one album on the Billboard 200. According to Yahoo! Music White managed to beat out the ever-present Adele, as well as the likes of Nicki Manaj, Lionel Ritchie, Gotye, and others for the top spot. While many of White's other bands (The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, and The Dead Weather) have managed to land in the top 10 seven times, the closest White ever previously got to the number one position was with The White Stripes' 2007 album Icky Thump, which peaked at #2.
- Andrew Bird Announces New Album, Shares “Capsized,” Performs on “Conan” (News) — Andrew Bird
- Plants and Animals Announce New Album, Share “Stay” (News) — Plants and Animals
- The Monkees Announce New Album with Songs by Ben Gibbard, Rivers Cuomo, Noel Gallagher, and More (News) — Benjamin Gibbard, Carole King, Death Cab for Cutie, Fountains of Wayne, Oasis, Noel Gallagher, Rogue Wave, Harry Nilsson, Neil Diamond, The Monkees
- The End: Richard Hawley on Endings and Death (Interview) — Richard Hawley
- 2015 Artist Survey: Ultimate Painting (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Mazes, Ultimate Painting