James Blake Reveals New Album Coming in 2015, Likely Feature Kanye West
Ready in "About Five Months"
In a newly published interview with the Miami New Times, James Blake has revealed that the follow-up to his 2013 album Overgrown is nearing its completion and will release sometime in early 2015. According to Blake the new LP is "seventy percent done" and will be ready for release in "about five months." Blake also revealed that the record might see a collaboration with Kanye West: "It looks like we should be able to get something done. I know that there’s a specific song I would like him to be on, and if he can do that by the time my record comes out, that would be fantastic."
Discussing the record further Blake says, "I'm working hard and doing my best—I'm aware that people want to hear this record, so I'm not being complacent. I should hope that [the new album] will be a step on, as much as the second one was to the first. I guess I’ve taken a focus on the songwriting again, even more closely, and I’m dabbling in some different production techniques, things I’ve developed [...] A lot of things have changed in my life since the last record, and overall for the better, so I’m in a good place, I think. I’m in a good place to write in general, and I have been for quite a while."
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco