James Cargill Working on New Broadcast Album with Trish Keenan Vocals Recorded Before Her Passing
Cargill Discusses Plans for a Broadcast Album and Soundtrack in Under the Radar's 10th Anniversary Issue
Despite the tragic passing earlier this year of vocalist Trish Keenan, Broadcast's remaining member James Cargill is working on both a new Broadcast album and a soundtrack, utilizing vocals recorded by Keenan before her death.
Under the Radar's 10th Anniversary Issue features an exclusive new interview with Cargill, in which he discusses the tragic passing of his romantic partner and bandmate Keenan for the first time publicly. In the article Cargill also reflects on the band's 2003 album Haha Sound, and gives insights into the direction the band was taking prior to Keenan's death, and what may become of the in-progress recordings. He also reveals that he's presently working on the soundtrack to the Peter Strickland film Berberian Sound Studio which he also began work on with Keenan.
During the interview he told us, "Trish left a lot of tapes, four-tracks and stuff, and I've been going through those. It's difficult, and I'm connected to it at the same time. It's wonderful, but I'm also feeling a sense of loss." After revealing that some of the tapes he'd come across were the nascent sketches for Haha Sound, he also suggested that he may consider compiling those for release at some point in the future, simply stating, "I think that would be a wonderful thing."
The 10th Anniversary Issue is on stands now and also available digitally. Pick up the issue to read the full article on Broadcast, which also includes a previously unpublished photo of the band from 2003.
Subscribe to the print version here.
Subscribe to the digital version here.
Buy a single version of the print version of this issue issue here.
Buy a single version of the digital version of this issue here.
See a map to where you can buy the print version here.
- Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins Joins TNA Wrestling (News) — Billy Corgan, The Smashing Pumpkins
- Stream New Albums From TORRES, The Tallest Man on Earth, Rundgren / Nikolaisen / Lindstrøm, + more (News) — TORRES, Mac McCaughan, The Tallest Man on Earth, Emil Nikolaisen, Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Todd Rundgren
- Watch: Lia Ices - “Creature” Video (News) — Lia Ices
- Watch: The Charlatans - “Let The Good Times Be Never Ending” Video (News) — The Charlatans
- Watch: Jamie xx - “Gosh” video (News) — Jamie xx, The xx