Jarvis Cocker’s Relaxed Muscle To Perform The Whitney Museum in New York
Staying April 5-8
While in New York with a reunited Pulp, Jarvis Cocker has revealed that he will perform at New York's Whitney Museum April 5-8 with his electro side outfit Relaxed Muscle. Joined by collaborator Jason Buckle the duo will perform with Michael Clark's dance company as part of the museum's biennial celebration. Cocker first formed Relaxed Muscle in 2002, following Pulp's break up. Adopting the aliases "Darren Spooner" and "Wayne Marsden" respectively, Cocker and Buckle were known to use over-the-top goth costumes and make-up in their performances. The group has maintained a relatively low profile since their sole album, A Heavy Nite With... was released in 2003. (via Art in America)
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band