Jenny Lewis Scores Film, Debuts New Music, Talks Rilo Kiley Comp
Watch Out World…Here Comes Jenny!
First up, Very Good Girls, a film staring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen and slated for release in 2013 will have a Lewis-penned soundtrack.
Next, the chanteuse hasn’t forgotten about her former project. Rilo Kiley is at work on a b-sides comp, which is also slatted to contain classic photographs.
Finally, Lewis hasn’t forgotten about her own solo work. As confirmed by OC Weekly, Lewis is at work on a follow up to 2008 solo album, Acid Tongue. “I’ve gotten my heart broken, and fallen in love, and moved out my shitty rent-controlled apartment, and lost my father, and tried to rebuild my relationship with my mother,” she explains. “All of these things have definitely popped up in my songs and I want to write something that’s real that people can feel.”
Take a listen to a new song performed live, below.
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring M. Ward, Songs: Ohia, Charli XCX and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Portlandia Previews Season Five With Goth Sketch (News) — Portlandia
- Above the Dreamless Dead (Review) —
- Watch: Arcade Fire’s Horror Short Film, “Festi” (News) — Arcade Fire
- Premiere: Kormac – “White Noise (Featuring Speech Debelle)” Video (News) — Kormac, Speech Debelle