Jenny Lewis Scores Film, Debuts New Music, Talks Rilo Kiley Comp
Watch Out World…Here Comes Jenny!
First up, Very Good Girls, a film staring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen and slated for release in 2013 will have a Lewis-penned soundtrack.
Next, the chanteuse hasn’t forgotten about her former project. Rilo Kiley is at work on a b-sides comp, which is also slatted to contain classic photographs.
Finally, Lewis hasn’t forgotten about her own solo work. As confirmed by OC Weekly, Lewis is at work on a follow up to 2008 solo album, Acid Tongue. “I’ve gotten my heart broken, and fallen in love, and moved out my shitty rent-controlled apartment, and lost my father, and tried to rebuild my relationship with my mother,” she explains. “All of these things have definitely popped up in my songs and I want to write something that’s real that people can feel.”
Take a listen to a new song performed live, below.
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz
- Listen: Broken Social Scene – “Golden Facelift” (News) — Broken Social Scene