Jenny Lewis Scores Film, Debuts New Music, Talks Rilo Kiley Comp
Watch Out World…Here Comes Jenny!
First up, Very Good Girls, a film staring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen and slated for release in 2013 will have a Lewis-penned soundtrack.
Next, the chanteuse hasn’t forgotten about her former project. Rilo Kiley is at work on a b-sides comp, which is also slatted to contain classic photographs.
Finally, Lewis hasn’t forgotten about her own solo work. As confirmed by OC Weekly, Lewis is at work on a follow up to 2008 solo album, Acid Tongue. “I’ve gotten my heart broken, and fallen in love, and moved out my shitty rent-controlled apartment, and lost my father, and tried to rebuild my relationship with my mother,” she explains. “All of these things have definitely popped up in my songs and I want to write something that’s real that people can feel.”
Take a listen to a new song performed live, below.
- Watch: Grandaddy - “A Lost Machine” Video (News) — Grandaddy
- Kurt Vile Announces New Year’s Eve Show and More Tour Dates via Funny Commercial (News) — Kurt Vile
- Watch: Dams of the West (Vampire Weekend’s Chris Tomson) - “Tell the Truth” Video (News) — Dams of the West, Vampire Weekend
- Angelic Music: The Story of Ben Franklin’s Glass Armonica (Review) —
- The End: Weyes Blood (aka Natalie Mering) on Endings and Death (Interview) — Weyes Blood