Jenny Lewis Scores Film, Debuts New Music, Talks Rilo Kiley Comp
Watch Out World…Here Comes Jenny!
First up, Very Good Girls, a film staring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen and slated for release in 2013 will have a Lewis-penned soundtrack.
Next, the chanteuse hasn’t forgotten about her former project. Rilo Kiley is at work on a b-sides comp, which is also slatted to contain classic photographs.
Finally, Lewis hasn’t forgotten about her own solo work. As confirmed by OC Weekly, Lewis is at work on a follow up to 2008 solo album, Acid Tongue. “I’ve gotten my heart broken, and fallen in love, and moved out my shitty rent-controlled apartment, and lost my father, and tried to rebuild my relationship with my mother,” she explains. “All of these things have definitely popped up in my songs and I want to write something that’s real that people can feel.”
Take a listen to a new song performed live, below.
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra Share New Song - “First World Problem” (News) —
- Black Mountain (Interview) — Black Mountain
- Primavera Sound 2016 Preview: A Day-By-Day Guide to the Spanish Festival (News) — Primavera Sound Festival
- Matt Mondanile Leaves Real Estate to Focus on Ducktails, Band Announces New Tour Dates (News) — Ducktails, Julian Lynch, Real Estate
- Dinosaur Jr. Share New Song, “Tiny,” and Performed it Last Night on “Later… with Jools Holland” (News) — Dinosaur Jr., J Mascis