Jónsi Scores New Cameron Crowe Film
Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi Birgisson has been tapped to score We Bought a Zoo, the latest directorial effort by filmmaker Cameron Crowe. Starring Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson, Thomas Haden Church, and Elle Fanning, the forthcoming flick is based on the memoir of Benjamin Mee, who spent his life savings on a countryside park housing some 200 exotic animals. While Sigur Rós had previously licensed their music for Crowe's 2001 work Vanilla Sky, this will be the first experience for Jónsi in film composition. Here's hoping he has the same level of success as Trent Reznor and Jonny Greenwood. We Bought a Zoo is set for release on Dec. 23.
- Under the Radar Announces Best of 2014 Issue with St. Vincent on the Cover (News) — St. Vincent, The Flaming Lips, The Walking Dead, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Real Estate, Panda Bear, of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, James Franco, Ariel Pink, alt-J, East India Youth, Weird Al Yankovic
- by:Larm Announces a New Wave of Artists to Play the 2015 Festival (News) — By:Larm 2015, Beatrice Eli, CVLT, Kid Astray, Soft as Snow, Sondre Justad
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Oneohtrix Point Never, Petite Noir & Wild Beasts (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire vs. Peter Gabriel (Interview) — Richard Reed Parry, Peter Gabriel
- Adult Jazz (Interview) — Adult Jazz