Kaputt! A New Destroyer Album
Due Out January 25th on Merge
Destroyer, helmed by Dan Bejar, is set to release their ninth album Kaputt, out January 25th via Merge. While the track list is pretty straightforward, the press release clearly isn’t. Let us know if you get any of the oblique references below.
Bejar: "Kaputt by Malaparte, which Bejar has never read… Kara Walker, specifically the lyrics she contributed to the song 'Suicide Demo for Kara Walker'… Chinatown, the neighborhood bordering on Bejar's… Baby blue eyes… 80s Miles Davis… 90s Gil Evans… Last Tango in Paris… Nic Bragg, who played lead guitar on every song, again… Fretless bass… The hopelessness of the future of music… The pointlessness of writing songs for today… V-Drums… The superiority of poetry and plays… And what's to become of film?… The Cocaine Addict… American Communism… Downtown, the neighborhood bordering on Bejar's… The LinnDrum… Avalon and, more specifically, Boys and Girls… The devastated mind of JC/DC, who recorded, produced and mixed this record from fall of 2008 to spring of 2010… The back-up vocals of certain Roy Ayers and Long John Baldry tours… Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence…"
02 Blue Eyes
03 Savage Night at the Opera
04 Suicide Demo for Kara Walker
05 Poor in Love
08 Song for America
09 Bay of Pigs (Detail)
- Sally Shapiro To Release Remix LP, “Elsewhere” (News) — Sally Shapiro
- Watch: Shout Out Louds on “Leno” (News) — Shout Out Louds
- Watch: Queens of the Stone Age Play the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles (News) — Queens of the Stone Age
- Watch: Grizzly Bear on “Ellen” (News) — Grizzly Bear
- Listen: HAERTS - “All the Days” (News) — HAERTS