Kris Kristofferson Announces New Album, “Feeling Mortal”
Country Music Hall of Famer Kris Kristofferson has announced that he will release Feeling Mortal, the 76-year-old songwriter's his first collection of new material in four years.
The follow-up to 2009's Closer to the Bone, Kristofferson says of the new LP, "Going back to the beginning, the songs have been reflections of where I was at that point in my life. I always try to be as honest as I can in the songwriting, otherwise there’s no point in doing it: I might as well be doing an advertising job or something. And what I’m finding, to my pleasant surprise at this age, is that I’m more inclined to laughter than tears. I hope I’ll feel this creative and this grateful until they throw dirt over me."
The ten-song collection is scheduled for release digitally on Jan. 22 and in physical formats Jan. 29.
- Watch Jim James Perform “The World’s Smiling Now” on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (News) — Jim James, James Corden, My Morning Jacket
- Under the Radar’s Top 25 Comic Books and Graphic Novels of 2016 (News) —
- Conor Oberst Announces New Album, Shares “Napalm” and Video for “A Little Uncanny” (News) — Conor Oberst
- Dirty Projectors Announce New Album and Share New Song - “Up in Hudson” (News) — Dirty Projectors
- Listen: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - “Sleep Drifter” (News) — King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard