Kris Kristofferson Announces New Album, “Feeling Mortal”
Country Music Hall of Famer Kris Kristofferson has announced that he will release Feeling Mortal, the 76-year-old songwriter's his first collection of new material in four years.
The follow-up to 2009's Closer to the Bone, Kristofferson says of the new LP, "Going back to the beginning, the songs have been reflections of where I was at that point in my life. I always try to be as honest as I can in the songwriting, otherwise there’s no point in doing it: I might as well be doing an advertising job or something. And what I’m finding, to my pleasant surprise at this age, is that I’m more inclined to laughter than tears. I hope I’ll feel this creative and this grateful until they throw dirt over me."
The ten-song collection is scheduled for release digitally on Jan. 22 and in physical formats Jan. 29.
- The Rentals To Return With First Album in 15 Years (News) — The Rentals
- Watch: Childish Gambino - “3005” Video (News) — Childish Gambino
- Grizzly Bear’s Daniel Rossen Announces Solo Tour (News) — Daniel Rossen, Grizzly Bear
- What Makes Us Glow (Review) — Psapp
- Listen: Ariel Pink and Jorge Elbrecht - “Called to Ring” (News) — Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti