Kris Kristofferson Announces New Album, “Feeling Mortal”
Country Music Hall of Famer Kris Kristofferson has announced that he will release Feeling Mortal, the 76-year-old songwriter's his first collection of new material in four years.
The follow-up to 2009's Closer to the Bone, Kristofferson says of the new LP, "Going back to the beginning, the songs have been reflections of where I was at that point in my life. I always try to be as honest as I can in the songwriting, otherwise there’s no point in doing it: I might as well be doing an advertising job or something. And what I’m finding, to my pleasant surprise at this age, is that I’m more inclined to laughter than tears. I hope I’ll feel this creative and this grateful until they throw dirt over me."
The ten-song collection is scheduled for release digitally on Jan. 22 and in physical formats Jan. 29.
- Premiere: The Dumplings Mixtape (Open’er Festival Edition) (News) — mixtapes, Open’er Festival 2015, The Dumplings
- Watch Courtney Barnett Perform an Acoustic Version of “Depreston” as a Web-Exclusive For Fallon (News) — Courtney Barnett
- Watch: Son Lux - “You Don’t Know Me” Video Starring Tatiana Maslany of “Orphan Black” (News) — Son Lux
- Listen: Owen Pallett - “The Phone Call” (Adult Swim Single) (News) — Owen Pallett
- Cloud Nothings and Wavves Surprise Release Collaborative LP, Listen to Title Track (News) — Cloud Nothings, Wavves, Wavves x Cloud Nothings