Kris Kristofferson Announces New Album, “Feeling Mortal”
Country Music Hall of Famer Kris Kristofferson has announced that he will release Feeling Mortal, the 76-year-old songwriter's his first collection of new material in four years.
The follow-up to 2009's Closer to the Bone, Kristofferson says of the new LP, "Going back to the beginning, the songs have been reflections of where I was at that point in my life. I always try to be as honest as I can in the songwriting, otherwise there’s no point in doing it: I might as well be doing an advertising job or something. And what I’m finding, to my pleasant surprise at this age, is that I’m more inclined to laughter than tears. I hope I’ll feel this creative and this grateful until they throw dirt over me."
The ten-song collection is scheduled for release digitally on Jan. 22 and in physical formats Jan. 29.
- Wild Nothing Announce U.S. and European Tour Dates (News) — Wild Nothing
- Human Ceremony (Review) — Sunflower Bean
- Watch Super Bowl Movie Ads - “Bourne,” “Captain America,” “X-Men,” “Independence Day” (News) —
- Watch Jenny Lewis Be Joined by Jimmy Buffett for Cover of Traveling Wilbury’s “Handle With Care” (News) — Jenny Lewis, Jimmy Buffett, M. Ward, The Watson Twins
- Watch Car Seat Headrest Play a “Tiny Desk Concert” for NPR (News) — Car Seat Headrest