Kris Kristofferson Announces New Album, “Feeling Mortal”
Country Music Hall of Famer Kris Kristofferson has announced that he will release Feeling Mortal, the 76-year-old songwriter's his first collection of new material in four years.
The follow-up to 2009's Closer to the Bone, Kristofferson says of the new LP, "Going back to the beginning, the songs have been reflections of where I was at that point in my life. I always try to be as honest as I can in the songwriting, otherwise there’s no point in doing it: I might as well be doing an advertising job or something. And what I’m finding, to my pleasant surprise at this age, is that I’m more inclined to laughter than tears. I hope I’ll feel this creative and this grateful until they throw dirt over me."
The ten-song collection is scheduled for release digitally on Jan. 22 and in physical formats Jan. 29.
- Watch: The Decemberists - “Make You Better” Video, Featuring Nick Offerman (News) — The Decemberists
- Check Out Photos of Swans, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Binkbeats and More at Le Guess Who? (News) — Le Guess Who? 2014, Le Guess Who? 2014: Day Three, Binkbeats, Ela Stiles, Hauschka, Swans
- Nils Frahm (Interview) — Nils Frahm
- Bluebeard: Brave Warrior, Brutal Psychopath (Review) —
- Listen: Daughter - “Winter” (Warpaint Remix) (News) — Daughter, Warpaint