Lighting Rig At Flaming Lips Show Collapses
For the second time in as many weeks heavy wind managed to cause substantial damage to an outdoor music stage. Following a recent collapse during the Ottawa Bluesfest, The Flaming Lips endured a similiarly frightful scenario yesterday during the Brady District Block Party in Tulsa, OK. NewsOK.com reports that just before the band took the stage a gust of wind and rain swept through the grounds knocking over the band's massive lighting rig. While no one was reported to be injured an estimated $800,000 worth of damages was inflicted on the group's equipment. Taking to his Twitter account frontman Wayne Coyne addressed the situation succinctly: "FUCK!!!! Wind and rain destroyed the stage !!!!!" tweeting several pictures of the destruction, including the one above. Below you can watch a fan video of the rig's fall as it occurred.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf