Lighting Rig At Flaming Lips Show Collapses
For the second time in as many weeks heavy wind managed to cause substantial damage to an outdoor music stage. Following a recent collapse during the Ottawa Bluesfest, The Flaming Lips endured a similiarly frightful scenario yesterday during the Brady District Block Party in Tulsa, OK. NewsOK.com reports that just before the band took the stage a gust of wind and rain swept through the grounds knocking over the band's massive lighting rig. While no one was reported to be injured an estimated $800,000 worth of damages was inflicted on the group's equipment. Taking to his Twitter account frontman Wayne Coyne addressed the situation succinctly: "FUCK!!!! Wind and rain destroyed the stage !!!!!" tweeting several pictures of the destruction, including the one above. Below you can watch a fan video of the rig's fall as it occurred.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey