Listen: Animal Collective’s Deakin Contributes Track to New Museum Compilation
Released on Playable Button
Celebrating the fifth anniversary of its "Get Weird" concert series, The New Museum in New York City has released a 15-track compilation of performances that have taken place in the past five years. Included on the list of contributions is a song by Animal Collective's Deakin, which has subsequently been shared online to stream. For those looking to purchase the whole set of songs, The New Museum is releasing the compilation on Dec. 10 as a Playbutton, a wearable MP3 in the form of a vintage pin button. You can purchase your copy here.
Additional artists featured on the compilation include No Age, Andrew W.K. (producing a completely improvised track), Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Eric Copeland, and others. You can checkout the full tracklist below, and listen to Deakin's track "Untitled" over at Pitchfork.
Get Weird Playbutton:
Remote Burial: "Eclipsed"
High Places: "From Stardust to Sentience"
Lexie Mountain Boys: "(Never) Forgive"
Andrew W.K.: "UNTITLED SPONTANEOUS PARTY SONG"
Keyboard Kid: "I'MGOD&DEVIL"
Damned Dogs: "Part Two"
Nick Zinner: "Music for Dream Machine"
Xeno + Oaklander: "Sets and Lights"
Eric Copeland: "FKD"
Maher Shalal Hash Baz: "A Boogie"
No Age: "Excerpt From The Bear"
Kría Brekkan: "untitled"
Main Attrakionz: "Legion of Doom"
- Watch Regina Spektor Perform “Bleeding Heart” on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (News) — Regina Spektor, Stephen Colbert
- Dungen Announce New Album, Share “Jakten genom skogen” (News) — Dungen
- Watch: Chromatics Share Video for New Song “Magazine” from “Home” Soundtrack (News) — Chromatics
- Watch: The Weeknd Shares Video for Collaboration with Daft Punk - “Starboy” (News) — Daft Punk, The Weeknd
- Watch: Radiohead Show Off Special Edition of Latest Album in a Strange New “Unboxing” Video (News) — Radiohead