Listen: Carrie Brownstein Guests on NPR’s “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” and “WTF with Marc Maron”
Tested on Singapore and Vegetarianism
Carrie Brownstein, frontwoman of Wild Flag and star of the sketch show Portlandia, recently subjected herself to a round of radio and podcast interviews where she got to answer a variety of questions. First up was a chat with NPR host Peter Sagal and his weekly news quiz show "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" where guests are asked questions to things they will more than likely not have the answer to. The day's questions centered around Brownstein's knowledge of the extremely non-Portland laws of Singapore. Brownstein also made an appearance on comedian Marc Maron's "cat ranch" for an interview on his "WTF" podcast and hit such choice topics as being in a female in a rock band and her partnership with Fred Armisen. Click here and here to listen to the respective segments.
In other Brownstein-related news, The New York Times reports that the singer/guitarist/comedian has inked a deal with Riverhead/Penguin for a memoir. No word on the book's title or release date.
- Premiere: Ranch Ghost – “Ragged Mile” (News) — Ranch Ghost
- Tegan and Sara Share Remixes of “Boyfriend” by Shura and Three Others (News) — Shura, Tegan and Sara
- Watch HAIM Cover Prince’s “I Would Die 4 U” Again, This Time with Christine and the Queens (News) — Christine and the Queens, HAIM, Prince
- Treasure House (Review) — Cat’s Eyes
- Fall Forever (Review) — Fear of Men