Listen: Carrie Brownstein Guests on NPR’s “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” and “WTF with Marc Maron”
Tested on Singapore and Vegetarianism
Carrie Brownstein, frontwoman of Wild Flag and star of the sketch show Portlandia, recently subjected herself to a round of radio and podcast interviews where she got to answer a variety of questions. First up was a chat with NPR host Peter Sagal and his weekly news quiz show "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" where guests are asked questions to things they will more than likely not have the answer to. The day's questions centered around Brownstein's knowledge of the extremely non-Portland laws of Singapore. Brownstein also made an appearance on comedian Marc Maron's "cat ranch" for an interview on his "WTF" podcast and hit such choice topics as being in a female in a rock band and her partnership with Fred Armisen. Click here and here to listen to the respective segments.
In other Brownstein-related news, The New York Times reports that the singer/guitarist/comedian has inked a deal with Riverhead/Penguin for a memoir. No word on the book's title or release date.
- Premiere: Watoo Watoo – “Tes Histoires Invisibles” (News) — Watoo Watoo
- by:Larm Day Three: First Aid Kit, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Ice Cream Cathedral, and Kate Boy (Review) — by:Larm 2014, by:Larm 2014 Day Three, First Aid Kit, Ice Cream Cathedral, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Kate Boy
- Watch: Dum Dum Girls – “Are You Okay?” Video/Short Film Written by Bret Easton Ellis (News) — Dum Dum Girls
- Watch: Julian Casablancas New Album Teaser Video (News) — Julian Casablancas
- by:Larm Day Two: Sea Change, Tove Lo, Shine 2009, Young Dreams, and Hanne Kolstø (Review) — by:Larm 2014, by:Larm 2014 Day Two, Hanne Kolstø, Sea Change, Shine 2009, Young Dreams