Listen: Carrie Brownstein Guests on NPR’s “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” and “WTF with Marc Maron”
Tested on Singapore and Vegetarianism
Carrie Brownstein, frontwoman of Wild Flag and star of the sketch show Portlandia, recently subjected herself to a round of radio and podcast interviews where she got to answer a variety of questions. First up was a chat with NPR host Peter Sagal and his weekly news quiz show "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" where guests are asked questions to things they will more than likely not have the answer to. The day's questions centered around Brownstein's knowledge of the extremely non-Portland laws of Singapore. Brownstein also made an appearance on comedian Marc Maron's "cat ranch" for an interview on his "WTF" podcast and hit such choice topics as being in a female in a rock band and her partnership with Fred Armisen. Click here and here to listen to the respective segments.
In other Brownstein-related news, The New York Times reports that the singer/guitarist/comedian has inked a deal with Riverhead/Penguin for a memoir. No word on the book's title or release date.
- Fridays Designated As Global Release Day For Music (News) —
- Stream Purity Ring’s New Album, “Another Eternity” (News) — Purity Ring
- Pleased to Meet You Spotlight: Natalie Prass (Interview) — Natalie Prass
- Bunbury Music Festival Announces Line-Up (News) — Bunbury Music Festival
- Listen: Florence and the Machine - “What Kind of Man” (Nicolas Jaar Remix) (News) — Florence and the Machine