Listen: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - “This Life”
Self-Titled Album Out July 23
On July 23, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros will release their self-titled third album. Demonstrating a significant contrast from last year's mellowed LP Here, the new forthcoming effort seems content to return to the foot-stomping choruses of the band's debut Up From Below. Following their lead single "Better Days," frontman Alex Ebert and his musical collective have shared a new cut titled "This Life." Beginning with a contemplative, soulful croon from Ebert, the song eventually erupts into a hoarse cry for redemption ("I'm gonna jump in the fire") aided by a gospel choir. In an interview with Rolling Stone Ebert says ""I hesitate to give away too much, for it's got an O. Henry ending, as my mom calls it, but I can thankfully say that we may now have recorded a song that I can count among my favorite recordings of all time."Click below to listen to the song.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce “No Cities To Love,” First Album In a Decade (News) — Sleater-Kinney
- Track-by-Track: EMA on “The Future’s Void” (Interview) — EMA
- Stream The Flaming Lips’ Cover Album of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” (News) — The Flaming Lips
- Watch: Pond - “Elvis’ Flaming Star” Video; New Album Announced (News) — Pond
- Watch: FKA twigs Short Film “#throughglass” (News) — FKA twigs