Listen: Jack White - “Lazaretto”
World's Fastest Released Single
As promised, Jack White delivered the "World's Fastest Released Record" over the weekend for Record Store Day, recording, pressing, and selling a live version of the title track off his upcoming solo sophomore album Lazaretto in three hours, 55 minutes, and 21 seconds. Recording the rendition in front of a small crowd at White's Third Man's studio in Nashville, the masters were rushed off to be pressed onto 45s, complete with sleeves printed with pictures that were taken during the performance.
Official audio of the song has now been released and Third Man have also released a behind the scenes video on recording the song, check those both out below.
Covering the event was Edmonton, Alberta radio station Sonic 102.9, who have uploaded a video discussing the details of what took place, complete with audio of the "Lazaretto" recording (the song starts at about the 7:20 mark). Click below to watch and listen.
- Listen: Jim James – “Same Old Lie” (News) — Jim James, My Morning Jacket
- Check Out a Gallery of Photos of Lush at Their Washington DC 9:30 Club Show on Wednesday (News) — Lush
- DIANA Announce New Album, Share “Confession” (News) — DIANA
- Simon Franglen, composer for The Magnificent Seven & The Voyage of Time (Interview) — Simon Franglen
- Watch: Fear of Men - “Sane” Video (News) — Fear of Men