Listen: Jack White - “Lazaretto”
World's Fastest Released Single
As promised, Jack White delivered the "World's Fastest Released Record" over the weekend for Record Store Day, recording, pressing, and selling a live version of the title track off his upcoming solo sophomore album Lazaretto in three hours, 55 minutes, and 21 seconds. Recording the rendition in front of a small crowd at White's Third Man's studio in Nashville, the masters were rushed off to be pressed onto 45s, complete with sleeves printed with pictures that were taken during the performance.
Official audio of the song has now been released and Third Man have also released a behind the scenes video on recording the song, check those both out below.
Covering the event was Edmonton, Alberta radio station Sonic 102.9, who have uploaded a video discussing the details of what took place, complete with audio of the "Lazaretto" recording (the song starts at about the 7:20 mark). Click below to watch and listen.
- Stream Will Butler’s Solo Debut, “Policy” (News) — Will Butler
- Listen: The Mountain Goats - “Heel Turn 2” (News) — The Mountain Goats
- Watch: Alabama Shakes on “Saturday Night Live” (News) — Alabama Shakes
- I Wasn’t Born to Lose You (Review) — Swervedriver
- Premiere: Kid Astray Mixtape (by:Larm Edition) (News) — By:Larm 2015, Kid Astray, mixtapes