Listen: Jack White - “Lazaretto”
World's Fastest Released Single
As promised, Jack White delivered the "World's Fastest Released Record" over the weekend for Record Store Day, recording, pressing, and selling a live version of the title track off his upcoming solo sophomore album Lazaretto in three hours, 55 minutes, and 21 seconds. Recording the rendition in front of a small crowd at White's Third Man's studio in Nashville, the masters were rushed off to be pressed onto 45s, complete with sleeves printed with pictures that were taken during the performance.
Official audio of the song has now been released and Third Man have also released a behind the scenes video on recording the song, check those both out below.
Covering the event was Edmonton, Alberta radio station Sonic 102.9, who have uploaded a video discussing the details of what took place, complete with audio of the "Lazaretto" recording (the song starts at about the 7:20 mark). Click below to watch and listen.
- Korallreven Announces Their New Album, “Second Comin’” (News) — Korallreven
- The Dismemberment Plan to Reissue “Change” (News) — The Dismemberment Plan
- Watch: Interpol – “Twice as Hard” Video (News) — Interpol
- Listen: José González – “This is How We Walk on the Moon (Arthur Russell Cover)” (News) — Arthur Russell, José González
- The Guest’s Adam Wingard & Simon Barrett Talk Music and Filmmaking (Interview) — Adam Wingard, Simon Barrett