Listen: Karen Elson - “Call Your Name”
Double Roses Due Out April 7 via H.O.T Records Ltd
Find It At: AMAZON
Karen Elson is releasing her sophomore album, Double Roses, on April 7 via H.O.T Records Ltd. Previously she shared the album's first single, "Distant Shore." Now here's another song from the album, "Call Your Name." It was produced by Jonathan Wilson and The Black Keys' Pat Carney. Check it out below via Noisey (who premiered it), followed by her upcoming tour dates.
Elson had this to say about the track in a press release: "Originally, when I wrote 'Call Your Name,' I wanted it be a duet, but I realized that the song is about the two sides of me; the dark and light battling each other. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and realize that no-one, in essence, can save you from yourself! It's also a question of my identity, who am I when you strip away the smoke and mirrors."
Jonathan Wilson produced the album, which also features special guests Father John Misty, Laura Marling, Benmont Tench, Pat Sansone (Wilco), Nate Wolcott (Bright Eyes), Paul Cartwright, and Dhani Harrison.
Karen Elson Tour Dates:
March 15 - Austin, TX @ SXSW
March 16 - Austin, TX @ SXSW
March 17 - Austin, TX @ SXSW
March 21 - Nashville, TN @ City Winery (with M. Ward)
April 4 - Nashville, TN @ Third Man Records (record release show)
April 7 - Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade (record release show)
- Feist Might Be Releasing a New Album in April and Singing on a New Broken Social Scene Album (News) — Broken Social Scene, Feist
- Watch Ryan Adams Cover Bruce Springsteen’s “Streets of Philadelphia” for BBC Radio 6 Music (News) — Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams
- Watch: Jay Som - “Baybee” Video (News) — Jay Som
- Listen: White Reaper - “The World’s Best American Band” (News) — White Reaper
- 2016 Artist Survey: Greta Morgan of Springtime Carnivore (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Springtime Carnivore, Katy Goodman & Greta Morgan