Listen: Kylie Minogue And Nick Cave Re-record “Where The Wild Roses Grow”
For Minogue's Abbey Road Sessions Album
In 1995 Nick Cave recruited songtress Kylie Minogue for special duet while working on his ninth studio album Murder Ballads. The resulting song, "Where The Wild Roses Grow" wound up being the record's standout first single, and is considered to this day one of the best songs either artist has put in their career. Revisiting many of her hits for a new album The Abbey Road Sessions, Minogue reconvened with Cave to re-record the cut's mournful romanticism. Unlike the original, the new take of the song is stripped of its orchestral strings and reduced to old-west inspired acoustic ballad. Take a listen below, and check out the original music video. The Abbey Road Sessions will see release Oct. 29 in the UK and Nov. 6 in the U.S. on Parlophone.
Original "Where The Wild Roses Grow"
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Charli XCX, Phoenix, Interpol, Caribou, and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, Caribou, Charli XCX, Darkside, Interpol, Joanna Gruesome, Phoenix, Les Sins, Boxed In, Jessie Ware, The Drums, The Twilight Sad, Teleman, TEEN, TOPS, Peaking Lights, Douglas Dare, The Unicorns
- Check Out Photos of Jonathan Wilson at Landmark in Bergen, Norway (News) — Jonathan Wilson
- Watch: Coldplay – “True Love” Video (News) — Coldplay
- Listen: Jessie Ware – “Say You Love Me (Shura Remix)” (News) — Jessie Ware
- Premiere: Raindeer — “This Is Rock N’ Roll” (News) — Raindeer