Listen: of Montreal - “Feminine Effects”
Another Track Off Daughter of Cloud Compilation
Following tracks "Sails, Hermaphroditic" and "Our Love Is Senile" of Montreal have unveiled yet another portion of their forthcoming rarities compilation Daughter of Cloud. The new song, "Feminine Effects,” turns over lead vocals to one of Kevin Barnes' musical friends Rebecca Cash.
In an interview with Rolling Stone Barnes says "I wrote the song many years ago, and for a long time I was searching for the right girl to sing the lead vocals. I tried a bunch of different people before I discovered Rebecca Cash. She helped me realize the old school honky tonk vibe I was envisioning." You can listen to and download the track below. Daughter of Cloud arrives Oct. 23 via Polyvinyl/Joyful Noise.of Montreal - "Feminine Effects"
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Continues to Confront Online Misogyny With Instagram Post (News) — CHVRCHES
- This Week In Geek: Possible Candidates to Play Spider-Man + “Daredevil,” “Jurassic World” (News) —
- Watch: Hans-Peter Lindstrǿm and Grace Hall - “Home Tonight” Video (News) — Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Grace Hall, Emil Nikolaisen, Todd Rundgren
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Forms New Solo Project Called The Arcs (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Black Keys, The Arcs
- The End: Hamilton Leithauser on Endings and Death (Interview) — Hamilton Leithauser, The Walkmen