Listen: of Montreal - “Feminine Effects”
Another Track Off Daughter of Cloud Compilation
Following tracks "Sails, Hermaphroditic" and "Our Love Is Senile" of Montreal have unveiled yet another portion of their forthcoming rarities compilation Daughter of Cloud. The new song, "Feminine Effects,” turns over lead vocals to one of Kevin Barnes' musical friends Rebecca Cash.
In an interview with Rolling Stone Barnes says "I wrote the song many years ago, and for a long time I was searching for the right girl to sing the lead vocals. I tried a bunch of different people before I discovered Rebecca Cash. She helped me realize the old school honky tonk vibe I was envisioning." You can listen to and download the track below. Daughter of Cloud arrives Oct. 23 via Polyvinyl/Joyful Noise.of Montreal - "Feminine Effects"
- Watch: Bat For Lashes - “Sunday Love” Video (News) — Bat For Lashes
- Listen: Swans - “When Will I Return” (News) — Swans
- Four Tet Shares New Song with Impossibly Long Title in Honor of SoundCloud Milestone (News) — Four Tet
- Feist Covers The Tragically Hip’s “Flamenco” in Honor of Terminally Ill Frontman Gord Downie (News) — Feist, Gord Downie, Broken Social Scene, Kevin Drew, The Tragically Hip
- Watch/Listen: Garbage - “Even Though Our Love Is Doomed” Lyric Video (News) — Garbage