Listen: The Flaming Lips - “Elizabeth My Dear” (feat. New Fumes and Ke$ha) [The Stone Roses Cover]
Featured on The Time Has Come to Shoot You Down ... What A Sound
Earlier this year The Flaming Lips revealed that they would be recruiting a number of old friends to help them record a track-for-track cover album of The Stone Roses' self-titled debut. Featuring contributions from New Fumes as well as Stardeath and White Dwarfs, the resulting effort, The Time Has Come to Shoot You Down ... What A Sound, was released as a limited edition vinyl on Record Store Day. For those unable to scrounge up the cash to bid on available copies on eBay the album's included cover of "Elizabeth My Dear" has surfaced online, featuring not just The Flaming Lips and New Fumes, but Heady Fwends contributor Ke$ha. The shock pop starlet is rumored to be uncredited on the track due to some supposed creative control issues with her label Kemosabe and her songwriting collaborator Dr. Luke. It is believed friction between Ke$ha and the label had inevitably led to the dissolution of an intended collaborative album with The Flaming Lips, Lip$ha.
Either way a ripped audio of the vinyl cut is available to listen to below.
- Wilco Announce June Tour Dates and Confirm Full Solid Sound Festival Lineup (News) — Wilco
- Watch Strand of Oaks Perform “Rest of It” and “Radio Kids” on “Conan” (News) — Conan O’Brien, Strand of Oaks
- Watch: Little Cub Share Politically Fueled “Hypnotise” Video (News) — Little Cub
- Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys Announces New Solo Album, Shares “Shine on Me” Video (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Arcs, The Black Keys
- Watch: Mac DeMarco - “This Old Dog” Video (News) — Mac DeMarco