Listen: The Flaming Lips, Neon Indian Collaboration
12" Released This Week in Limited Locations
The Flaming Lips and Neon Indian have recently teamed up for a collaborative 12", and while we can't wait to get our hands on it, it may be some time before we do. Details about the 4-song EP have been few and far between, but we do know it's available right now in two record stores—Guestroom Records in Oklahoma City and Good Records in Dallas. But as of today, the 12" is not entirely shrouded in mystery.
Disco Naivete released a stream of the resounding chillwave track "Is David Bowie Dying?" It's heavy, brooding, and immensely intriguing. Listen to the track here.
Here's to hoping the 12" makes its way into record stores near you soon. And if you're an Oklahoma City or Dallas resident, we're very, very jealous.
(via Disco Naivete)
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf