Listen: The Flaming Lips Release Their Six-Hour Song
Now With Added Gadgets
Today, The Flaming Lips unleashed their six-hour song "I Found a Star on the Ground" to the masses. That’s it below—broken into three parts—should you want to take a listen.
The song comes with a cool toy if you buy it in physical form. “What it is, it’s a little thing that spins with these little drawings on them and as it spins you put this strobe light on it and it makes these little animations come to life on this disc, bandleader Wayne Coyne told Under the Radar. “And we know it’s really made for kids but we sort of took it and made it our own little thing, our own little device, that we sort of feel people will use when they’re tripping or something. It’s all just having fun, but part of me thought why do we make a song that lasts for as long as you want to play with this toy. We claim that this toy will offer hours of entertainment so we thought we don’t we make a song that lasts for hours. I don’t know why we picked six. It sounded like a cool title.”
- CHVRCHES Working on Third Album with Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (News) — CHVRCHES, Dave Stewart, Eurythmics
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock