Listen: The Raveonettes - “She Owns the Streets”
New Album Observator Out Sept. 11
Following their EP Into the Night earlier this year, The Raveonettes will release their next full-length effort Observator on Sept. 11. Leading up to its arrival the band has premiered the included single "She Owns the Streets."
According to songwriter Sune Rose Wagner, "The real people I'd met and experiences I had over the last year in NY and Venice, CA all bled into these new songs. 'She Owns The Streets' for example is about a New York City street dancer. I've noticed her before dancing wildly on Bowery, running crazily in the street among the cabs and horrified passers-by. A friend of mine introduced me to her and we struck up a friendship. In 20 minutes I had written a song about the pleasures and pitfalls of being perceived as either a drug-crazed girl or an insane individual, simply because she dares to defy the laws of civility and conformity. Isolation can be a wonderful thing, but it doesn't afford you this kind of inspiration."
Click below to listen and download.
Listen to/download -
The Ravenettes - "She Owns the Streets"
- 1,000 Times Good Night (Review) —
- St. Vincent to Release Two New Tracks For Record Store Day (News) — St. Vincent
- London Grammar Postpone North American Tour (News) — London Grammar
- Watch: Todd Terje - “Delorean Dynamite” Video (News) — Todd Terje
- Check Out Photos of Devo, Jane’s Addiction, Surfer Blood, and Robert DeLong (News) — CBGB Festival 2014, Devo, Jane’s Addiction, Robert DeLong, Surfer Blood