Listen: The Smashing Pumpkins - “1979” (Acoustic Take)
Featured on The Aeroplane Flies High Reissue
For the past two years EMI has been steadily releasing reissues of The Smashing Pumpkins' extensive catalog of work. Next week will see a deluxe release of the band's 1996 platinum-selling box set The Aeroplane Flies High, which had collected b-sides and expanded takes from the band's ambitious double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Culling together an additional 90 bonus cuts of unreleased demos, alternative takes, and live recordings, one's the reissue's highlighted inclusions is an acoustic take of the band's hit single "1979," which has found its way online to stream. Click below to listen to the stripped-down rendition. The Aeroplane Flies High, out in a variety of formats and configurations, is out July 23.
- Fellini Satyricon (Review) —
- Listen: Sun Kil Moon - “Ali/Spinks 2” (News) — Sun Kil Moon
- Wild Canaries’ Lawrence Michael Levine and Sophia Takal (Interview) — Sophia Takal, Lawrence Michael Levine
- Of Montreal To Release New Live Album, “Snare Lustrous Doomings” on Record Store Day (News) — of Montreal
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Chromatics, Toro y Moi, Blood Orange & Doldrums (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist