Listen: The Smashing Pumpkins - “1979” (Acoustic Take)
Featured on The Aeroplane Flies High Reissue
For the past two years EMI has been steadily releasing reissues of The Smashing Pumpkins' extensive catalog of work. Next week will see a deluxe release of the band's 1996 platinum-selling box set The Aeroplane Flies High, which had collected b-sides and expanded takes from the band's ambitious double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Culling together an additional 90 bonus cuts of unreleased demos, alternative takes, and live recordings, one's the reissue's highlighted inclusions is an acoustic take of the band's hit single "1979," which has found its way online to stream. Click below to listen to the stripped-down rendition. The Aeroplane Flies High, out in a variety of formats and configurations, is out July 23.
- We Are Posting “Wet Hot American Summer” Interviews All This Week (+ Watch New Featurette Video) (News) — David Wain, Lake Bell, Wet Hot American Summer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
- Listen: Jamie Lidell - “Pink Light” (News) — Jamie Lidell
- Second Episode of Ezra Koenig’s Beats 1 Show Featured Florence and the Machine and Rashida Jones (News) — Florence and the Machine, Rashida Jones, Vampire Weekend
- Watch Death Cab for Cutie Perform “The Ghosts of Beverly Drive” in a London Taxi Cab (News) — Death Cab for Cutie
- Watch: Disclosure - “Omen” (Feat. Sam Smith) Video (News) — Disclosure, Sam Smith