Listen: The Smashing Pumpkins - “1979” (Acoustic Take)
Featured on The Aeroplane Flies High Reissue
For the past two years EMI has been steadily releasing reissues of The Smashing Pumpkins' extensive catalog of work. Next week will see a deluxe release of the band's 1996 platinum-selling box set The Aeroplane Flies High, which had collected b-sides and expanded takes from the band's ambitious double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Culling together an additional 90 bonus cuts of unreleased demos, alternative takes, and live recordings, one's the reissue's highlighted inclusions is an acoustic take of the band's hit single "1979," which has found its way online to stream. Click below to listen to the stripped-down rendition. The Aeroplane Flies High, out in a variety of formats and configurations, is out July 23.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce “No Cities To Love,” First Album In a Decade (News) — Sleater-Kinney
- Track-by-Track: EMA on “The Future’s Void” (Interview) — EMA
- Stream The Flaming Lips’ Cover Album of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” (News) — The Flaming Lips
- Watch: Pond - “Elvis’ Flaming Star” Video; New Album Announced (News) — Pond
- Watch: FKA twigs Short Film “#throughglass” (News) — FKA twigs