Listen: The Smashing Pumpkins - “1979” (Acoustic Take)
Featured on The Aeroplane Flies High Reissue
For the past two years EMI has been steadily releasing reissues of The Smashing Pumpkins' extensive catalog of work. Next week will see a deluxe release of the band's 1996 platinum-selling box set The Aeroplane Flies High, which had collected b-sides and expanded takes from the band's ambitious double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Culling together an additional 90 bonus cuts of unreleased demos, alternative takes, and live recordings, one's the reissue's highlighted inclusions is an acoustic take of the band's hit single "1979," which has found its way online to stream. Click below to listen to the stripped-down rendition. The Aeroplane Flies High, out in a variety of formats and configurations, is out July 23.
- Stream the New Album by Small Black, “Best Blues,” in Full (News) — Small Black
- Stream the New Solo Album by Chris Walla (ex-Death Cab for Cutie), “Tape Loops,” in Full (News) — Chris Walla
- Garbage - Shirley Manson on the 20th Anniversary of Their Debut Album (Interview) — Garbage
- Listen: Neon Indian - “The Glitzy Hive” (News) — Neon Indian
- The Smiths, Janet Jackson, N.W.A., Nine Inch Nails, etc. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (News) — The Smiths, Nine Inch Nails, Janet Jackson