Listen: The Smashing Pumpkins - “1979” (Acoustic Take)
Featured on The Aeroplane Flies High Reissue
For the past two years EMI has been steadily releasing reissues of The Smashing Pumpkins' extensive catalog of work. Next week will see a deluxe release of the band's 1996 platinum-selling box set The Aeroplane Flies High, which had collected b-sides and expanded takes from the band's ambitious double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Culling together an additional 90 bonus cuts of unreleased demos, alternative takes, and live recordings, one's the reissue's highlighted inclusions is an acoustic take of the band's hit single "1979," which has found its way online to stream. Click below to listen to the stripped-down rendition. The Aeroplane Flies High, out in a variety of formats and configurations, is out July 23.
- Belle and Sebastian Announce New Album, “Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance” (News) — Belle and Sebastian
- In the Studio: Torres on Her Second Album In Progress, Writer’s Block, and Reading Her Own Press (Interview) — Torres
- Watch: alt-J Cover Disclosure’s “Latch” (News) — alt-J
- Stream SBTRKT’s “Wonder Where We Land,” Caribou’s “Our Love” (News) — Caribou, SBTRKT
- Listen: Stars - “No One Is Lost” (News) — Stars