Listen to Conor Oberst on Marc Maron’s “WTF” Podcast
Talks About Songwriting, Bob Dylan, and False Rape Accusation
Earlier today Bright Eyes' Conor Oberst appeared on Marc Maron's WTF podcast. In addition to performing "Common Knowledge" from his latest album Upside Down Mountain Oberst spoke at length about growing up in Omaha, NE, getting compared to Bob Dylan ("In music journalist shorthand, that's kind of like, code for 'they have a lot of words in their songs'"), and the process of songwriting. Maron also got Oberst to briefly talk about last year's false rape accusation. Describing the incident as "very surreal" and "like the world was upside down for little bit," Oberst said the internet feeding frenzy was like "a game of telephone that goes on."
Oberst went on to add, "I want to put it in perspective because I think about all the many African-American men who are in prisons right now for crimes they didn't commit, and for actual victims of sexual assault that it has done the greatest disservice to," he said. "They say one out of four women will experience sexual assault in their lifetime. That's staggering and fucking horrible."
Click here to listen to full interview.
- HAIM Announce New Album, Share Paul Thomas Anderson-Directed Video for “Right Now” (News) — HAIM, Paul Thomas Anderson
- Childhood Announce New Album, Share “California Light” Video (News) — Childhood
- Mac DeMarco Shares “One More Love Song,” Plus Fan Fiction Contest and Marc Maron Interview (News) — Mac DeMarco, Marc Maron
- Patreon Exclusive: Previously Unseen Photos of St. Vincent from 2007 and 2008 (News) — St. Vincent
- Jay Som Shares New Song “Turn the Other Cheek” for Anti-Donald Trump “Our First 100 Days” (News) — Jay Som, Our First 100 Days