Listen to New Covers by Sharon Van Etten, Conor Oberst, Andrew Bird, and The Avett Brothers
For Amazon's Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street EP, Van Etten Covers The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize??"
The Amazon Original Series Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street has featured various different artists doing covers and tomorrow an EP featuring four the covers is being released and you can stream it below. Sharon Van Etten covers The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize??," Conor Oberst takes on Bill Withers' "Lean On Me," Andrew Bird covers Ben E. King's "Stand By Me," and The Avett Brothers do "What a Wonderful World."
Van Etten had this to say about her cover in a press release: "When I was asked to cover a Flaming Lips song for Gortimer Gibbons, I was really nervous. But when I watched the scene and heard from the people involved in the music, they really wanted to hear my interpretation of both the scene and the song. The show is sweet and smart and family oriented - and that is really important to me. So glad I was able to be a part."
- The War on Drugs Share 11-Minute New Song – “Thinking of a Place” (News) — The War on Drugs
- Fargo (Season 3, Episode 1: “The Law of Vacant Places” Recap and Review) (Review) — Ewan McGregor
- Shout Out Louds Share Video for New Song, “Oh Oh,” and Announce Tour Dates (News) — Shout Out Louds
- Jonathan Rado Shares “Surgeonman” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Foxygen, Jonathan Rado, Our First 100 Days
- Blondie Share New B-Side – “The Breaks” (News) — Blondie