Matt and Kim Announce New Album “Lightning”
Out October 2 Via Fader
As reveled with the first teaser, album track “Let’s Go,” hyperactive Brooklyn duo Matt and Kim have a new album on the way. Now that album has a tracklist, and some eye popping artwork. Out October 2 via Fader, Lightning is the pair’s fourth album. As per usual, expect their signature, raw, two person pop ruckus. In a rare move, the disc features a vocal turn by Kim on album closer, “10 Dollars I Found.” Check out the tracklist below, or revisit the first single “Let’s Go” here.
1. Let’s Go
3. It’s Alright
4. Not That Bad
6. I Said
8. I Wonder
9. Much Too Late
10. 10 Dollars I Found
- Angel Olsen Shares New Song, “Fly on Your Wall,” For “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Trump Project (News) — Angel Olsen
- “1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs” 4-Year Anti-Trump Project Launches with R.E.M. Track (News) — 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs, Dave Eggers, R.E.M.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Katie Stelmanis of Austra (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Austra
- ACLU Benefit Comp Features New Mount Eerie and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart Songs, and More (News) — Mount Eerie, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Surfer Blood, Dean & Britta
- “Battle Hymns” Charity Protest Comp Features Stephen Malkmus, Carl Newman, and Carrie Brownstein (News) — Stephen Merchant, Pavement, The New Pornographers, Built to Spill, Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney, Superchunk, Quasi, Corin Tucker Band