Mekhi Phifer and Bill Pullman Join “Torchwood”
Meet the New Team
Recently, Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood became an international affair, with BBC bringing on American channel Starz for a joint production on season four. (Thankfully, rumors of a fully American version of the show haven’t come to fruition. Yet.) Now, comes word that the cast is about to gain a few more American accents. Mekhi Phifer—who has saved lives on ER, and detected falsehoods on Lie to Me—will put his “training” to good use as a CIA agent in grave danger. Meanwhile, Bill Pullman has signed on to play a clever criminal who escapes a lifelong sentence on a technicality. While not stunt casting per say, it’s interesting to note that Bill Pullman has already fought his fair share of aliens in 1996’s Independence Day.
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Continues to Confront Online Misogyny With Instagram Post (News) — CHVRCHES
- This Week In Geek: Possible Candidates to Play Spider-Man + “Daredevil,” “Jurassic World” (News) —
- Watch: Hans-Peter Lindstrǿm and Grace Hall - “Home Tonight” Video (News) — Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Grace Hall, Emil Nikolaisen, Todd Rundgren
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Forms New Solo Project Called The Arcs (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Black Keys, The Arcs
- The End: Hamilton Leithauser on Endings and Death (Interview) — Hamilton Leithauser, The Walkmen