Modest Mouse Teams Up With Big Boi
Music Makes For Strange Bedfellows
Modest Mouse, purveyors of odd and wonderful indie pop have teamed up with Big Boi—who makes odd and wonderful hip-hop. Odd, but not completely out of left field, right? No guesses as to what it might sound like—but there have been a few tweets on the matter.
Says Big Boi: "Me and @mouche1 [OutKast producer Chris Carmouche] in the studio workin with Modest Mouse on their new album Turnt up ! Shout out to Issac and the crew!" This probably doesn't mean that the new Modest Mouse album will be called Turnt Up, but we can't rule it out.
In a later tweet he said the following: "Been camped out in the Lab with Modest Mouse all week, workin on the new mouse LP, coolest cats ever. Long Live The Funk". This is almost certainly the first time anyone has ever said "long live the funk" about Modest Mouse. We'd like to think these guys all met at last year's Pitchfork Music Festival, but then again, maybe someone handed Big Boi a copy of The Lonesome Crowded West when he was touring behind ATLiens or something.
- Watch: Beach House Perform New Song Live in Montreal (News) — Beach House
- Björk Announces Release Details of “Biophilia Live” DVD/Blu-ray (News) — Björk
- Watch: TV on the Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe Join Massive Attack Live To Perform “Pray For Rain” (News) — Massive Attack, TV on the Radio
- Watch: Foxygen Perform on Local Chicago Morning Show (News) — Foxygen
- William H. Macy on directing for the first time and the power of music (Interview) — William H. Macy