Modest Mouse Teams Up With Big Boi
Music Makes For Strange Bedfellows
Modest Mouse, purveyors of odd and wonderful indie pop have teamed up with Big Boi—who makes odd and wonderful hip-hop. Odd, but not completely out of left field, right? No guesses as to what it might sound like—but there have been a few tweets on the matter.
Says Big Boi: "Me and @mouche1 [OutKast producer Chris Carmouche] in the studio workin with Modest Mouse on their new album Turnt up ! Shout out to Issac and the crew!" This probably doesn't mean that the new Modest Mouse album will be called Turnt Up, but we can't rule it out.
In a later tweet he said the following: "Been camped out in the Lab with Modest Mouse all week, workin on the new mouse LP, coolest cats ever. Long Live The Funk". This is almost certainly the first time anyone has ever said "long live the funk" about Modest Mouse. We'd like to think these guys all met at last year's Pitchfork Music Festival, but then again, maybe someone handed Big Boi a copy of The Lonesome Crowded West when he was touring behind ATLiens or something.
- Under the Radar Black Friday Sale - Starts on Friday at 12:01 a.m. EST! (News) —
- Under the Radar’s Holiday Gift Guide 2014 for Music Lovers and Geeks (News) —
- Check Out Photos of The Head and the Heart in Los Angeles (News) — The Head and the Heart
- Check Out Photos of Kurt Vile in Los Angeles (News) — Kurt Vile
- Douglas Dare at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Review) — Douglas Dare