Modest Mouse Teams Up With Big Boi
Music Makes For Strange Bedfellows
Modest Mouse, purveyors of odd and wonderful indie pop have teamed up with Big Boi—who makes odd and wonderful hip-hop. Odd, but not completely out of left field, right? No guesses as to what it might sound like—but there have been a few tweets on the matter.
Says Big Boi: "Me and @mouche1 [OutKast producer Chris Carmouche] in the studio workin with Modest Mouse on their new album Turnt up ! Shout out to Issac and the crew!" This probably doesn't mean that the new Modest Mouse album will be called Turnt Up, but we can't rule it out.
In a later tweet he said the following: "Been camped out in the Lab with Modest Mouse all week, workin on the new mouse LP, coolest cats ever. Long Live The Funk". This is almost certainly the first time anyone has ever said "long live the funk" about Modest Mouse. We'd like to think these guys all met at last year's Pitchfork Music Festival, but then again, maybe someone handed Big Boi a copy of The Lonesome Crowded West when he was touring behind ATLiens or something.
- We Are Posting “Wet Hot American Summer” Interviews All This Week (+ Watch New Featurette Video) (News) — David Wain, Lake Bell, Wet Hot American Summer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
- Listen: Jamie Lidell - “Pink Light” (News) — Jamie Lidell
- Second Episode of Ezra Koenig’s Beats 1 Show Featured Florence and the Machine and Rashida Jones (News) — Florence and the Machine, Rashida Jones, Vampire Weekend
- Watch Death Cab for Cutie Perform “The Ghosts of Beverly Drive” in a London Taxi Cab (News) — Death Cab for Cutie
- Watch: Disclosure - “Omen” (Feat. Sam Smith) Video (News) — Disclosure, Sam Smith