Mogwai, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Contribute to Occupy Wall Street Compilation
Listen to Mogwai's "Earth Division"
With the recently evicted Occupy Wall Street movement designating May 1 as a date of re-occupation worldwide, fellow organization Music for Occupy has announced the release of a benefit compilation on May 15.
Entitled Occupy This Album, the collection is set to include contributions from Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Mogawi, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Debbie Harry, Ladytron, Thee Oh Sees, even filmmaker Michael Moore performing a cover of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin" (go ahead and let that last one sink in).
Spanning 78 tracks across four discs, with its digital edition adding in an extra 22 songs, many of the songs are previously unreleased, including Mogwai's featured track "Earth Division," which is available to stream below. On May 8 The City Winery in New York City will host a special night of performances by participating artists and surprise guests in celebration of the record's release, with tickets including a bottle of the special wine "Occupy This Wine" Cabernet Sauvignon and a free copy of Occupy This Album.
- Gotham (Review) — Ben McKenzie
- Stream Aphex Twin’s New Album, “SYRO” (News) — Aphex Twin
- Nobody’s Smiling (Review) — Common
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring SBTRKT, Wild Beasts, Flying Lotus, and More (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, Fear of Men, Jessie Ware, Zola Jesus, SBTRKT, Caribou, Cloud Nothings, Sharon Van Etten, Peaking Lights, Beat Connection, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, The Twilight Sad, Jungle
- Listen: Jessie Ware - “Say You Love Me” (Gorgon Remix) (News) — Jessie Ware