Mogwai, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Contribute to Occupy Wall Street Compilation
Listen to Mogwai's "Earth Division"
With the recently evicted Occupy Wall Street movement designating May 1 as a date of re-occupation worldwide, fellow organization Music for Occupy has announced the release of a benefit compilation on May 15.
Entitled Occupy This Album, the collection is set to include contributions from Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Mogawi, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Debbie Harry, Ladytron, Thee Oh Sees, even filmmaker Michael Moore performing a cover of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin" (go ahead and let that last one sink in).
Spanning 78 tracks across four discs, with its digital edition adding in an extra 22 songs, many of the songs are previously unreleased, including Mogwai's featured track "Earth Division," which is available to stream below. On May 8 The City Winery in New York City will host a special night of performances by participating artists and surprise guests in celebration of the record's release, with tickets including a bottle of the special wine "Occupy This Wine" Cabernet Sauvignon and a free copy of Occupy This Album.
- Check Out Photos of Perfume Genius, Iceage and More at Le Guess Who (News) — Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Brandt Brauer Frick, Iceage, Dean Blunt, Le Guess Who? 2014, Le Guess Who? 2014: Day Two, Perfume Genius
- Watch: The Decembrists Preview Music Video for “Make You Better,” Starring Nick Offerman (News) — The Decemberists
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Perfume Genius, Flying Lotus, and Colleen Green (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Watch: Sky Ferreira Cover Hole’s “Asking For It” With DIIV’s Zachary Cole (News) — Sky Ferreira
- It Happened One Night Blu-ray (Review) —