Mogwai, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Contribute to Occupy Wall Street Compilation
Listen to Mogwai's "Earth Division"
With the recently evicted Occupy Wall Street movement designating May 1 as a date of re-occupation worldwide, fellow organization Music for Occupy has announced the release of a benefit compilation on May 15.
Entitled Occupy This Album, the collection is set to include contributions from Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Mogawi, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Debbie Harry, Ladytron, Thee Oh Sees, even filmmaker Michael Moore performing a cover of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin" (go ahead and let that last one sink in).
Spanning 78 tracks across four discs, with its digital edition adding in an extra 22 songs, many of the songs are previously unreleased, including Mogwai's featured track "Earth Division," which is available to stream below. On May 8 The City Winery in New York City will host a special night of performances by participating artists and surprise guests in celebration of the record's release, with tickets including a bottle of the special wine "Occupy This Wine" Cabernet Sauvignon and a free copy of Occupy This Album.
- Under the Radar’s Protest Sign Auction Ends Tomorrow – Moby, Mew, Tegan and Sara, and More (News) — Mew, Moby, Tegan and Sara, Amanda Palmer
- Minor Victories Announce New Instrumental Album, Share Video for New Version of “Cogs” (News) — Minor Victories, Mogwai, Editors, Slowdive
- Listen: Amber Arcades - “Which Will” (Nick Drake Cover) (News) — Amber Arcades, Nick Drake
- Sun Kil Moon (Mark Kozelek) and Jesu Share New Anti-Donald Trump Song (News) — Sun Kil Moon, Jesu, Mark Kozelek, Jesu/Sun Kil Moon
- Man With a Plan (Review) —