Mogwai, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Contribute to Occupy Wall Street Compilation
Listen to Mogwai's "Earth Division"
With the recently evicted Occupy Wall Street movement designating May 1 as a date of re-occupation worldwide, fellow organization Music for Occupy has announced the release of a benefit compilation on May 15.
Entitled Occupy This Album, the collection is set to include contributions from Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Yo La Tengo, Mogawi, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Debbie Harry, Ladytron, Thee Oh Sees, even filmmaker Michael Moore performing a cover of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin" (go ahead and let that last one sink in).
Spanning 78 tracks across four discs, with its digital edition adding in an extra 22 songs, many of the songs are previously unreleased, including Mogwai's featured track "Earth Division," which is available to stream below. On May 8 The City Winery in New York City will host a special night of performances by participating artists and surprise guests in celebration of the record's release, with tickets including a bottle of the special wine "Occupy This Wine" Cabernet Sauvignon and a free copy of Occupy This Album.
- Andrew Bird Announces New Album, Shares “Capsized,” Performs on “Conan” (News) — Andrew Bird
- Plants and Animals Announce New Album, Share “Stay” (News) — Plants and Animals
- The Monkees Announce New Album with Songs by Ben Gibbard, Rivers Cuomo, Noel Gallagher, and More (News) — Benjamin Gibbard, Carole King, Death Cab for Cutie, Fountains of Wayne, Oasis, Noel Gallagher, Rogue Wave, Harry Nilsson, Neil Diamond, The Monkees
- The End: Richard Hawley on Endings and Death (Interview) — Richard Hawley
- 2015 Artist Survey: Ultimate Painting (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Mazes, Ultimate Painting