Pete Doherty Acts Alongside Charlotte Gainsbourg
Opposes attract. Or at least that seems to be the theory behind the casting of upcoming Charlotte Gainsbourg film, Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle—a French film about poet Alfred de Musset. Joining the aristocratic singer/actress will be none other than Babyshambles bad-boy, Pete Doherty. Already having been put through the equivalent of charm school for the role, Doherty wrote on his blog, “My character must display natural grace and poise – as was expected of a young aristocrat and dandy of 1830s French society," he wrote. "I was going to film the lesson, but it didn't seem appropriate. The teacher was just as I had imagined – straight-backed, horsewhip in hand, and a brutal perfectionist. What a day!"
Filming begins December 27. No word yet on release dates or additional cast information.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf