Pete Doherty Acts Alongside Charlotte Gainsbourg
Opposes attract. Or at least that seems to be the theory behind the casting of upcoming Charlotte Gainsbourg film, Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle—a French film about poet Alfred de Musset. Joining the aristocratic singer/actress will be none other than Babyshambles bad-boy, Pete Doherty. Already having been put through the equivalent of charm school for the role, Doherty wrote on his blog, “My character must display natural grace and poise – as was expected of a young aristocrat and dandy of 1830s French society," he wrote. "I was going to film the lesson, but it didn't seem appropriate. The teacher was just as I had imagined – straight-backed, horsewhip in hand, and a brutal perfectionist. What a day!"
Filming begins December 27. No word yet on release dates or additional cast information.
- Dirty Projectors Announce New Album and Share New Song - “Up in Hudson” (News) — Dirty Projectors
- OK Go Cover Morrissey’s “Interesting Drug” and Share Accompanying Anti-Donald Trump Video (News) — Morrissey, OK Go
- Watch Jim James Perform “The World’s Smiling Now” on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (News) — Jim James, James Corden, My Morning Jacket
- Under the Radar’s Top 25 Comic Books and Graphic Novels of 2016 (News) —
- Conor Oberst Announces New Album, Shares “Napalm” and Video for “A Little Uncanny” (News) — Conor Oberst