Pete Doherty Acts Alongside Charlotte Gainsbourg
Opposes attract. Or at least that seems to be the theory behind the casting of upcoming Charlotte Gainsbourg film, Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle—a French film about poet Alfred de Musset. Joining the aristocratic singer/actress will be none other than Babyshambles bad-boy, Pete Doherty. Already having been put through the equivalent of charm school for the role, Doherty wrote on his blog, “My character must display natural grace and poise – as was expected of a young aristocrat and dandy of 1830s French society," he wrote. "I was going to film the lesson, but it didn't seem appropriate. The teacher was just as I had imagined – straight-backed, horsewhip in hand, and a brutal perfectionist. What a day!"
Filming begins December 27. No word yet on release dates or additional cast information.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern, Daniel Clowes & Craig Johnson on ‘Wilson’ (Interview) — Woody Harrelson
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days