A Pete Doherty Painting Smeared With Amy Winehouse’s Blood Will Be Auctioned Tonight
“Ladylike” Estimated to Fetch $100,000
It’s either a sweet memory of a talent lost to early, or just plain weird. Tonight, a painted created by Pete Doherty smeared with Amy Winehouse’s blood is set to be auctioned alongside some of the former Libertine’s possessions, including guitars and private diaries.
Umm…yeah, we’re leaning toward weird on this one.
Called “Ladylike” the collaborative painting with Winehouse was part of a 10-day exhibition of Doherty’s work, titled On Blood: A Portrait of the Artist. Doherty however, will see no profit from the Winehouse piece. Says a spokesperson for the gallery, "The 'Ladylike' painting was never intended to be sold through the exhibition. It was never intended for auction. It doesn't actually belong to Peter, it's being sold by a private seller."
The auction takes place tonight in London at The Cob Gallery.
- Check Out Photos of Laura Marling in Oslo, Norway (News) — Laura Marling
- Bill Murray and Sofia Coppola Reteam for Christmas Special with Jenny Lewis, Phoenix, and More (News) — Bill Murray, Jenny Lewis, Phoenix
- Watch: Full “Game of Thrones: The Musical” Featuring Coldplay, Game of Thrones Cast, and Liam Neeson (News) — Coldplay, Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage
- Listen: The Cure’s Robert Smith Covers The Twilight Sad’s “There’s a Girl in the Corner” (News) — The Cure, The Twilight Sad
- Check Out Photos of San Fermin at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (News) — San Fermin