A Pete Doherty Painting Smeared With Amy Winehouse’s Blood Will Be Auctioned Tonight
“Ladylike” Estimated to Fetch $100,000
It’s either a sweet memory of a talent lost to early, or just plain weird. Tonight, a painted created by Pete Doherty smeared with Amy Winehouse’s blood is set to be auctioned alongside some of the former Libertine’s possessions, including guitars and private diaries.
Umm…yeah, we’re leaning toward weird on this one.
Called “Ladylike” the collaborative painting with Winehouse was part of a 10-day exhibition of Doherty’s work, titled On Blood: A Portrait of the Artist. Doherty however, will see no profit from the Winehouse piece. Says a spokesperson for the gallery, "The 'Ladylike' painting was never intended to be sold through the exhibition. It was never intended for auction. It doesn't actually belong to Peter, it's being sold by a private seller."
The auction takes place tonight in London at The Cob Gallery.
- Under the Radar’s Protest Sign Auction Ends Tomorrow – Moby, Mew, Tegan and Sara, and More (News) — Mew, Moby, Tegan and Sara, Amanda Palmer
- Minor Victories Announce New Instrumental Album, Share Video for New Version of “Cogs” (News) — Minor Victories, Mogwai, Editors, Slowdive
- Listen: Amber Arcades - “Which Will” (Nick Drake Cover) (News) — Amber Arcades, Nick Drake
- Sun Kil Moon (Mark Kozelek) and Jesu Share New Anti-Donald Trump Song (News) — Sun Kil Moon, Jesu, Mark Kozelek, Jesu/Sun Kil Moon
- Man With a Plan (Review) —