A Camp's Nina Persson
Photos of A Camp at The Troubadour
Nina Persson, Nathan Larson, and Co. Take On West Hollywood
A Camp is the side-project from The Cardigans' Nina Persson that also features her husband Nathan Larson (Shudder to Think) and Niclas Frisk (Atomic Swing). The trio was backed by two other members live and took the stage at West Hollywood's Troubadour to some of Vangelis' score fror Blade Runner. Towards the end of the set Persson left the stage briefly and the rest of the band actually launched into their own version of the Blade Runner score. A Camp performed songs from the band's recently released second album, Colonia, as well as songs from A Camp's 2001 self-titled debut, which Persson recorded with Sparklehorse's Mark Linkous. From Colonia the set list included "The Crowning," "Stronger Than Jesus," "Bear on the Beach," "Chinatown," and "My America." And from the self-titled album the set list included "Frequent Flyer," "I Can Buy You," "Walking the Cow" (a Daniel Johnston cover), "Algebra," and "Song For the Leftovers." The band also covered Grace Jones' "I've Done It Again," which is also featured on A Camp's new Covers EP. Opener Gentleman Reg dueted with Persson on one song. Check out a gallery of photos from the show.
Under the Radar's current Spring 2009 Issue features a Self-Portrait article from Persson, in which she took two self-portrait photos of herself exclusively for the magazine and wrote a list of 10 personal things about herself. The issue is still on stands now.
- 2016 Artist Survey: Justin Lockey of Minor Victories and Editors (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2016, Minor Victories, Editors
- Erasure Announce New Album, Share Album Trailer Video (News) — Erasure
- Marika Hackman Signs to Sub Pop, Announces New Album, and Shares “Boyfriend” Video (News) — Marika Hackman, The Big Moon
- Watch Previously Unseen Footage of Leonard Cohen in the “Travelling Light” Video (News) — Leonard Cohen
- Stream the New Album by Grandaddy - “Last Place” (News) — Grandaddy